I5 7600 Normal Temp (stock fan)

thomas.fontaine579

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Hello,

Last week, i build up my first rig, an I5 7600.. well i would like to Know with the stock intel fan and Artic silver 5 Temp what is the normal Temp for this setup..

Ambiant room: 22 c

CPU temp: between 38-45 c

Solution
I have no idea what the normal temp for a 7600 with stock cooler in BIOS is. I'd say normal temp at idle in Windows for a typical Intel CPU would be in the 30s, so given that it's running full speed/voltage in BIOS a temp in the 40s seems reasonable.
When I get home I can look to see what sort of temp I get with my 6700K, but it's OC'd to 4.5 GHz and I'm using a different cooler (212 EVO) so I'm not sure how useful that'd be.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
So far those idle temps are fine but a little high, which may be an indicator that under load the stock cooler may not be able to handle the 7600k.

The only real way to tell if the stock cooler will be enough is to see how well it does under load. Ideally you want to stay under 75-80C. Past that and you're definitely gonna need to look towards aftermarket cooling.

thomas.fontaine579

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

its not 7600k its the 7600 stock without overclock, his temps is between 38c and 45c like the last time i check when i let it run for about 20 min to 1 hours on idle i got something between 42-43c but i know it can go to 45c

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
It's normal for temps in the BIOS to be higher than what you'll see at desktop idle, as the CPU runs at full speed/voltage in the BIOS whereas it will likely engage in power saving frequency/voltage reduction in Windows at idle.

Install Windows and run a stress test, load temps are what matter. The stock cooler should be sufficient to keep the CPU from overheating as long as you installed it correctly, otherwise Intel wouldn't bundle it. It may just be noisier than you'd like.

thomas.fontaine579

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

for an i5 7600 just to give me an idea, what is the normal temp that you can get for this cpu?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I have no idea what the normal temp for a 7600 with stock cooler in BIOS is. I'd say normal temp at idle in Windows for a typical Intel CPU would be in the 30s, so given that it's running full speed/voltage in BIOS a temp in the 40s seems reasonable.
When I get home I can look to see what sort of temp I get with my 6700K, but it's OC'd to 4.5 GHz and I'm using a different cooler (212 EVO) so I'm not sure how useful that'd be.

Solution

thomas.fontaine579

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017

alright when i got my windows, probably this after-noon or this weekend i text you back!! :) ;)