i5 7600k Stock + EVO 212 cooler temps

anerkend

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Hello all,

I'm averaging 36-40C idle, and 55C under load, with the highest spike being at 65c (It has NEVER gone higher). Does this seem normal? I am looking to overclock it as well to a stable 4.3ghz; but am worried about temps.

Thank you in advance!

Solution
All of the 7th gen chips run hot in contrast to 6th and earlier generations.

The 212 hasn't really worked too well for cooling substantially for a few generations of intel chips now.

Your temps are fine as is, but you can get something like a cryorig r1 or something.

anerkend

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017

Do the 7600ks just run a lot hotter than the earlier models? I'm not too computer savvy, but the majority of posts that I have read using the 212 EVO (and an older chipset) are averaging 22C - 32C!

Perhaps a different cooler will be needed?

The_Staplergun

Estimable
Jan 30, 2017
All of the 7th gen chips run hot in contrast to 6th and earlier generations.

The 212 hasn't really worked too well for cooling substantially for a few generations of intel chips now.

Your temps are fine as is, but you can get something like a cryorig r1 or something.

Solution

The_Staplergun

Estimable
Jan 30, 2017
Just because a car has a red zone on the tachometer doesn't mean you can run it there without an issue.

80c is the recommended limit that shouldn't cause any extra wear on the chip based on thermals alone. The chip will function up to its thermal throttle, but exceeding 80c causes excessive wear and more than likely reduced life.

But what if the guy is a chemist and he needs to boil water? lol jk

NotSoSavvyTechGuy

Reputable
Sep 13, 2015
I'm getting a max of 76 stress testing it with prime 95 for over 2 hrs (no over clock). I just posted a similar question before finding this because I had a amd fx-6300 with a oc to 4.4ghz and didn't get as high temps. So I thought it was werid being everyone says amd runs hotter. Did you stress test it or just run it as you would? If just as you would it's looking like you would need a better cooler probably liquid because when choosing a cooler I picker evo 212 because it had the best reviews and is a beast. I don't think you could find a better air cooler, maybe add another fan on the back side for a push/pull effect.