[SOLVED] i5-7600K under 100% every game and low FPS in Fortnite, COD Warzone

Feb 17, 2021
Specs:
i5 7600k
GTX 1080
16GB Ram
1080p monitor

Hello, so I have experienced some fps drops both in COD:MW (where discord lagges out), around 40-50, and in Fortnite, and some other games. CPU is always in 100% usage during gaming.
I dont really know what is the cause of this, or if its normal, but if anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate that.
Thanks in advance

Solution
Are you attempting to stream your game on Discord , with but 4 total threads?

That's pretty much a lost cause, I fear....(it was hard enough for folks to tweak settings and get it to marginally work at reduced settings with 4c/8 threads)

The 100% CPU usage, however, is all but a certainty, and, even more so with a decent GPU, as the 1080 still is...
Games are continuing to use more and more threads. As such, CPUs like the i5 7600k with 4 cores and 4 threads can have some stuttering issues in many modern games, even though the 7600k has quite strong single core performance.

The 7600k is aging much worse than the GTX1080 is, in my opinion.

Are you attempting to stream your game on Discord , with but 4 total threads?

That's pretty much a lost cause, I fear....(it was hard enough for folks to tweak settings and get it to marginally work at reduced settings with 4c/8 threads)

The 100% CPU usage, however, is all but a certainty, and, even more so with a decent GPU, as the 1080 still is...

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution