i5-7600k Voltages and Temps?

Stillings

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
This first little paragraph is just to preface before I get to the question I'm asking. I started a thread last August when I overclocked my i5-7600k chip to 4.8GHz with a voltage of 1.375. Since then I've updated my BIOS which allowed for a little extra overclocking headroom. I managed to get my chip to 5.0GHz but I wasn't comfortable with the voltages required to reach that stable overclock which was 1.45 volts. So now with the BIOS update I'm able to get a stable 4.8GHz overclock with 1.34 volts. Although the voltages are lower than what I needed before the BIOS update to get a stable 4.8GHz overclock, my temps seem to be slightly higher (but only under full stress load). My temps are in the upper 70s when stress testing the CPU but never exceeded 80. They seem to stay at a pretty good range when gaming though, never exceeding 75c.

So my question is should I be worried about keeping my chip at 4.8GHz with a voltage of 1.34? I've heard some folks say that going above 1.35 volts is not ideal and others say that anything below 1.4 volts is fine. So I'm just wanting to get a second opinion and hear what any of your comments might be.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Stillings,

Here's the operating range for Core temperature:

Core temperatures above 85°C aren't recommended.

Core temperatures below 80°C are preferred.

Core temperatures increase and decrease with Ambient temperature.

Idle temperatures below 25°C are generally due to Ambient temperatures below 22°C.

Here’s a list of maximum recommended Vcore settings:

Core

8th Generation 14 nanometer ... 1.400 Vcore
7th Generation 14 nanometer ... 1.400 Vcore
6th Generation 14 nanometer ... 1.400 Vcore
5th Generation 14 nanometer ... 1.400 Vcore
4th Generation 22 nanometer ... 1.300 Vcore

Legacy Core

3rd Generation 22 nanometer ... 1.300 Vcore
2nd Generation 32 nanometer ... 1.350 Vcore
1st Generation 45 nanometer ... 1.400 Vcore

Core 2 45 nanometer ... 1.400 Vcore
Core 2 65 nanometer ... 1.500 Vcore

Remember to keep overclocking in perspective. For example, the difference between 4.5 GHz and 4.6 Ghz is less than 2.3%, which has no noticeable impact on overall system performance. It simply isn’t worth pushing your processor beyond recommended Core voltage and Core temperature limits just to squeeze out another 100 MHz.

For more informaton, refer to our Guide; it's a Sticky near the top of the CPU's Forum: Intel Temperature Guide - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1800828/intel-temperature-guide.html

CT :sol: