I5 7600k VS AMD 1600x

ReissM

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Hi all,

I'm right on the verge of upgrading my CPU from an Athlon 750k to either of the above, the sole purpose of the rig is gaming as anything else i do on it is minimal and shouldn't affect my decision on a processor.

I'm soon to be upgrading to a GTX 1080 and want the rig to be as futureproof as possible to play current and future titles in 1080p.

Thanks in advance

Solution
If you are going to spend over $200 on a CPU, I agree with elbert that the R5-1600 is the only CPU that makes sense. Practically all Ryzen CPUs will overclock to 3.8GHz with very little effort and few go much beyond 4GHz without liquid nitrogen, so there is very little point in paying more for hypothetical overclock headroom or XFR.

InvalidError

Titan
If you are going to spend over $200 on a CPU, I agree with elbert that the R5-1600 is the only CPU that makes sense. Practically all Ryzen CPUs will overclock to 3.8GHz with very little effort and few go much beyond 4GHz without liquid nitrogen, so there is very little point in paying more for hypothetical overclock headroom or XFR.

Solution