[SOLVED] i5-7600k with Corsair H100i v2 idle temps + gaming overheating

Feb 1, 2019
CPU with minimal use is sitting around 44 C, when playing PUBG or other demanding cpu games it goes over 80C. Cleaned computer out, cleaned radiator, and reapplied thermal paste. What can i do next, I don't think its my cpu cooler.

Solution
how do you have fans and rad set up? front as intake, top as exhaust.
where are you getting you readings from?
I don't know that much about intel's but if you are looking at the temp in the ique verify with say core temp, aida64,
hwinfo64 v6.00 is the latest to compare temps.
all 3 of my cooler are set up top and as exhaust.
That pump speed is low it should be 2700-2800 or alittle better.
Feb 1, 2019
I have it set to extreme right now. This weekend I'm probably going to take the rig apart and switch out to an air cooler. Idk if the pump is working correctly

Everything seems to be running okay, but I want to try another part to see if I can narrow it down

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
That coolant temperature is quite high. However, it may not necessarily be the cooler. Depending on how you have your airflow configured, it's quite possible that your GPU is dumping excess heat into the radiator. This will warm up the coolant, which in turn leads to a warm CPU.

how do you have fans and rad set up? front as intake, top as exhaust.
where are you getting you readings from?
I don't know that much about intel's but if you are looking at the temp in the ique verify with say core temp, aida64,
hwinfo64 v6.00 is the latest to compare temps.
all 3 of my cooler are set up top and as exhaust.
That pump speed is low it should be 2700-2800 or alittle better.

Solution