daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018
hey guys!
Do you have the best overclock for my
I5-7640x?
(current overclock:http://)
(the biggest mistake in my life!)
and what Water cooling should I use for overclocking? (current watercooling: h55 corsair)
I thought about H100x with 2000 RPM fans (worth it?)
because I getting like 47-54 celsious on idle!!!!!!!!
thanks! ^^ have a nice day!

Solution
The thing is, air passing through the radiator heats up by cooling down the radiator > inside the case gets hotter (One guy couldn't touch the case side panel). That's why it's recommended to use it for exhaust, not intake. Of course, if you have 2-3 fans for exhaust it's not going to make much difference (5c), but most people don't use too many fans to get good airflow. (I have 6 fans on my case).

Also, do note your overclocked I5-7640X should output about 150W or more heat, compared to the most 90W CPUs. That's why I recommend exhaust.

As for articles, just google "case radiator as intake".

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
The max most people got is 5.2GHz. So your 5.1Ghz is pretty good.

As for your temps, anything below 80C at max usage is safe. Also for water coolers, fan RPM is not important (laptops have 7000RPM fans), Radiator Size is the thing you need to pay attention to. Anything with 240mm or bigger radiator is good. And yes, consider getting H100x or better if you go near 80c.

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018

So I should get the H100x with stock fans (1300RPM)
H100x is 240mm so its good
and where do I supposed to put the H100x? on the top or on the front of the case?
http://
so this airflow will be ok for a case like this?
on the top of the case will be H100x connected to the CPU
so it will suck cold air from outside and cool the GPU too

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
so it will suck cold air from outside and cool the GPU too
Just NO. The radiator is going to get HOT. It will suck cold air and push hot air inside making everything worse. Your radiator should be a exhaust. It should push air outside of the case, not inside.

Use the radiator and rear as exhaust and everything else as intake.

daniulianov

Commendable
Jul 19, 2018

do you have an artical about it? I want to read more about radiator position and airflow..

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
The thing is, air passing through the radiator heats up by cooling down the radiator > inside the case gets hotter (One guy couldn't touch the case side panel). That's why it's recommended to use it for exhaust, not intake. Of course, if you have 2-3 fans for exhaust it's not going to make much difference (5c), but most people don't use too many fans to get good airflow. (I have 6 fans on my case).

Also, do note your overclocked I5-7640X should output about 150W or more heat, compared to the most 90W CPUs. That's why I recommend exhaust.

As for articles, just google "case radiator as intake".

Solution