Question i5 8250U performing way below expectations

alexpetifer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
Hi, I have HP 440 G5 laptop, i5 8250U + 8GB RAM + Intel M.2 SSD.

I run UserBenchmark test and this is the first time I got "CPU performing way below expectations" result.

I installed all the drivers, also Windows is newly installed, I have Windows 10 1803, I do not knot if it's Windows 10 fault.

Most times I install Windows 8.1 and I always get good results.

What can be cause of the bad performance? Windows, Drivers, Laptop model itself, other ?

Average benchmark for this i5 CPU is 65% and I got almost half.

Lutfij

Titan
For the 100'th time, please don't use Userbench to tell you if your system is ok, bad or on fire. In all honesty, that site shouldn't exist since it throws a lot of (new)people off balance when it comes to builds/systems.

Can you parse an SKU for your laptop? Just make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your laptop, that you've got the latest drivers onboard and you're able to do your tasks as you normally should. + Ideally you should be on 1809.

alexpetifer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
Can you parse an SKU for your laptop?

Will do it later, that;s my work laptop.

Also, try plugging the laptop in. The cpu wont turbo if the laptops on battery.

It was on power while I run the test, it doesn't show 3.4GHz Turbo Boost on my test, while it shows 3.4GHz on others tests.
Somehow Turbo Boost didn't worked. My results says 1.6GHz Turbo.
"
Intel Core i5-8250U
65,256 User benchmarks, average bench 62%
U3E1, 1 CPU, 4 cores, 8 threads
Base clock 1.8 GHz, turbo 1.6 GHz (avg)

"

alexpetifer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
Also, try plugging the laptop in.
Just make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your laptop

I checked the results and it says:
CPU throttled at 88% by Windows. Ensure maximum processor state is set to 100% via Settings > System > Power & sleep > Additional power settings > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Processor power management > Maximum processor state.