i5 8400 & Bf1

Praedos

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
Hey guys.

I recently upgraded my rig to an i5 8400, 2x8 16gb 2400mhz ram, gtx 1080,etc etc.

Everytime I run battlefield 1 (1440p, high/ultra hybrid settings), my cpu usage is at a constant 100% and I for the life of me cannot figure out why. Do you guys have any advice on this matter?

Solution
BF1 is quite heavy on the processor side. What you see should be quite normal for BF1, since it can use all of your 6 cores....however...BF1 seems to have a slight issue with performance.
read there:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/57nh6y/bf1_performance_tips_for_pc_potentially_huge_fps/
BF1 is quite heavy on the processor side. What you see should be quite normal for BF1, since it can use all of your 6 cores....however...BF1 seems to have a slight issue with performance.
read there:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/57nh6y/bf1_performance_tips_for_pc_potentially_huge_fps/

Solution

The problem is that some games hijack all of your cores no matter if the games can use the cores or not (give you more FPS then less cores) which is hilarious and very annoying.

Praedos

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

sorry for the delayed response, yes i installed MSI and at times it shows all cores running at 100%

while I agree with you I find it odd, as I just had to go play on a system I just built. (ryzen 1600@3.8ghz,16gb, gtx1050ti) getting like 35%-50% usage no stuttering i am displaying at 4k ad scaling it back and getting 60fps and a great experience. I say all this to say that there has to be something going on in the background or some sort of conflict. you said you UPGRADED your rig, did you do a fresh windows 10 install with all of this new hardware?

Sep 19, 2018
This is a very common problem, for whatever reason BF1 pegs certain CPU's at 100% constantly. There a lot going on for the CPU to keep track off. I would also strongly recommend using it in direct 11 and not 12. I had insane stuttering until I switched it in the settings.