Question i5 8400 Faulty!!

Mar 27, 2019
Hi so i have been having a problem

Problem is games seem to start to install then at random times during installation then i get a error saying An error occurred whilst trying to copy a file the source file is corrupted,
I can install the same files on other computer with no problem installs fine with no error , Also when trying to download Destiny 2 at random times during the download it will just come up as failed and to try again, i get this multiple times within the 100Gb download, Fournite is the same starts to download gets so far and says failed then wants me to restart the download
Issue seems to be only on certain games as i've downloaded and run Anthem and battlefield 5 without any problems at all alos cant un rar things i keep getting errors

i have swapped out everything but CPU (i5 8400) and Memory (16Gb 2x8GB corsair vengeance LPX 2666mhz) so i'm guessing one is at fault

i ran Prime95 and within seconds i get "Fatal error rounding was 0.5" error

any one have any ideas on why i would be getting that error?

also dont know if this is a thing but under Windows task manager my CPU and Memory is showing as

Base Speed : 2.81Ghz
Speed : 2667MHz

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, t's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Check and get back to us on which version of your motherboard BIOS you're on. Where are you sourcing the games from?

Mar 27, 2019
CPU: i5 8400
Motherboard: MSI B360M-PRO-VH : BIO 7B53v17
Ram: 16Gb 2x8GB corsair vengeance LPX 2666mhz
SSD/HDD: PNY CS900 240GB
GPU: GTX 1660 TI 6GB
PSU: EVGA Gold Hybrid 650 GQ
Chassis: CoolerMaster MasterBox Q300L

Games are from Battle.net, Steam, Epic and Origin

That ok? sorry for my bad posting lol

Last edited: