i5 8400+rx sapphire 580/odd combo???

Rudigarcia222

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
hi guys,(and sorry for english)

building a non oc 1080 gaming pc and ive already bought an rx 580 8 gb nitro,

i was gonna buy a ryzen 2600 but today for some reason i see again some i5 prices drop in my country,i ve read all these reviews i konw they are both great and really i dont really care aboutintel or amd ,ill buy the best value for money cpu+mobo on black friday

so my question is if i go intel can i use my gpu with a i58400??i ask this because i read everywhere that rx 580 combos great with ryzen and i58400 with gtx 1060

Solution
There's no such thing as an odd combination... you're not forced to go amd with amd or intel with nvidia. The CPUs will perform the same with either AMD or NVidia as a GPU.

You'll get better framerates with the i5-8400, so if the main purpose of your build is gaming, then you should go with it.
The ryzen 5 2600 will do better in productivity tasks, but will lack a bit behind intel in games.

Depending on the deals you can go either way... it really depends on what you're using the PC for.
There's no such thing as an odd combination... you're not forced to go amd with amd or intel with nvidia. The CPUs will perform the same with either AMD or NVidia as a GPU.

You'll get better framerates with the i5-8400, so if the main purpose of your build is gaming, then you should go with it.
The ryzen 5 2600 will do better in productivity tasks, but will lack a bit behind intel in games.

Depending on the deals you can go either way... it really depends on what you're using the PC for.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS