i5 8600k. Can't Overclock over 4.5 Ghz

Oct 19, 2018
I was googlein for about a 3 or 4 days and i didn't find a solution for my problem. My i5 8600k don't wanna go over 4.5 Ghz Which is insane in case that the stock OC shoud be up to 4.7 GHz.. I tried to do it manually from the BIOS but Core Frequency and other things are locked..I don't Know where to Start from. BTW in the beginning it was running at 4.7 GHz, but now don't wanna go up over 4.5Ghz. I Apologize for my English, its not my birth language.

MB - Gigabyte Aorus Gaming K3
CPU - Intel i5 8600k
GPU - GTX 1080 Ti Aorus non Extreme
RAM - HyperX Predator 3000mhz
PSU - Seasonic Gold 80 Plus 850W

https://valid.x86.fr/wbaxwd

NerdIT

Distinguished

Hey there, there first thing I would do, is reset your BIOS to its default settings. Should be an option to "Load defaults" or "Load optimized defaults", click that, and then save and exit. Reboot and see if boosts back up to 4.7Ghz.

Oct 19, 2018

Umm i did it and it booted with 4.7 Ghz i Played Battlefield 1 with no Blue Screen for 10 mins, but when i put a 3DMark Fire Strike i Causes a Blue Screen? Any Suggestions? VCore Voltages? IDK? Now im Texting from 4.7 Ghz Clock its stable for around 2 Hours on Windows but im scared to do the benchmark again.
P.S. i tried Benchmark again and it causes a Blue Screen again. its Says WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

NerdIT

Distinguished
What are your temperatures at for CPU and GPU? Also, I highly recommend not messing around with voltages unless you know exactly what they mean. The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is a hardware error, and can be caused by high temps, or instability.

NerdIT

Distinguished
I wouldn't mess around with VCore voltage until you have a stable base overclock, and on top of that, knowing what it means. Usually gains from OC'ing the VCore are not worth it (other than maybe a few more points in a benchmark).

Also, depending on how you overclock, you have to factor in RAM voltages and other stuff. So, I would keep everything at default, and run a game and see what your temps are at.

Oct 19, 2018

i will test it right now and will open RivaTuner and will take a Screenshot. It is actually really strange that the game BF1 is running without Blue Screen but when i Stress it with Fire Strike its causes a Blue Screen. If u want i can add u somewhere and check the CPU-Z or something with Team Viewer idk i will really apriciate and owe u a favour.. cuz i don't understand that much even if i open the CPU-Z idk what to look at.

P.S. I Tested it right now and the Temps are fine not more than 63 C on the CPU and 74 on the GPU. i put the rendering scale at 200% on the game for more Stress. IDk whats going on why its causing a blue screen at FireStrike :(. thats Screenshot https://imgur.com/a/3VYepUP

NerdIT

Distinguished

FireStrike is a pretty demanding bmark. I think you may be pushing your system a little to hard. 74C is on the hotter side for a gtx 1080, and having 200% / Doubling your resolution is pushing it a bit too much. Assuming you have a 1080p monitor (1920 x 1080) - when you run at 200% that is effectively running at 4K, which, is very stressful. Try reeling it back a bit. I like to keep my GTX 10 series cards at 65-70C tops, and the CPU around 60C. The blue screen is being caused by pushing the system too far.

Oct 19, 2018

The problem is i think my GPU is too Good for the CPU and its pushing it to its limits and that causes Tearing in the screen even when im playin with around 120~150 on Ultra Without Rendering Scale. i Hope that Tearing is not cuz i turned off V-Sync Cuz ive bought a PC for 2450$ not to play with V-Sync and get a Input Lag :( I Really Hope thats not normal to have tearing when i turn V-Sync off and have tearing even with 120~150 FPS.

NerdIT

Distinguished

GPU+CPU is fine. Screen tearing all has to do with your monitor - specifically the refresh rate- in your case. For example, if you have a 60 Hz refresh rate monitor, any frames above 60 FPS are, simply put, are not handled by the screen, and cause screen tearing, V-sync, will 'cap' your FPS at 60 FPS to avoid tearing, in this example. Or, for example say you had at 144 Hz monitor, V-sync would kick in at around 144 FPS. Basically, screen tearing is going to happen in almost all games if your FPS in game is much higher than the monitor's refresh rate. So, it sounds like you may need a better monitor to match your PC! Pulling 120 FPS on a 60 Hz monitor is "wasting frames" - and also causes the tearing.

NerdIT

Distinguished

First sentence not exactly true, if playing a crazy demanding game, that can barely pull 60 FPS, on a 60 Hz panel, you shouldn't see tearing, you may see lag/stuttering. Basically long and short of it you wanna try and match FPS to the refresh rate, and when the FPS is way more than refresh rate, then yeah gonna want to use some kind of v-sync technology.

Oct 19, 2018

Yes but the problem is my monitor is 144Hz ( https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.UE2AA.A01 ) and even have AMD Freesync which i can't use cuz my GPU is Nvidia. I Still got the tearing and dont't know where to start from. Today i Noticed that the CPU in High Situations most of the time is in 99% sometimes 100% Usage wich is insane, am talkin about BF1 Expecially. Anyway if anything else is fine then what can i do with my 144hz Monitor to get most of it and avoid tearing.

Oct 19, 2018

I wanted to but i don't know how. And i tried some things in bios but i cannot access to change it maybe i have to unlock it somehow but idk how? Any Ideas?

Oct 19, 2018

Actually when i enable it and Put the PsyhX only from the GPU and put Maximum Pre Rendered Frames by 1 i see a real improvment LOL it started to not Tearing for now in the first 5 mins O_O. But wait is that increasing the Input lag Though? :(