I5 8600k cooking issues

killamaching190876

Commendable
Oct 10, 2017
Hello guys, I recently purchased an air cooler. Long story short I returned it and got a coolermaster 120Ml
Now I know this isn’t that great of a liquid cooler but I’m hoping to get my temp from 80 c down. I don’t over clock but I might in the future a little bit. Will this cooler do the job?

Thanks guys

If you have space for the 240 that should do the job. 120 rads are not great when compared to similarly priced air coolers. I would only recommend one for cases with limited space or where they would experience a lot of movement. Movement that would put stress on the CPU socket having 1kg of aluminum fins hanging off of it. What air cooler did you have before?

WildCard999

Titan

I thought the 8600K was a 95W CPU?
https://ark.intel.com/products/126685/Intel-Core-i5-8600K-Processor-9M-Cache-up-to-4-30-GHz-

That's the tricky bit, look at the package specs section. Everything 'k' since 6000 series has listed a 130W cooler. With a 130W cooler I expect it'd work, but not boost high and long.

WildCard999

Titan

I see, thanks!

Which is why there are shed loads of hot (but not throttling) newer CPU's out there.