I5-8600k high temp only in Rainbow six siege

Feb 26, 2018
EDIT #2:
Just realized that there was an update some time ago. It doesn't heat up above 60-65 now..

Thanks for all the replies! New to the forum so don't mind my suckiness in answering hehe!

I know i know, commonly asked question but it's about my setup as well.
I recently just bought my first gaming rig (switched from console).
I've been gaming throughout my 'entire' life, but i could never afford a proper gaming setup before now.

Although i run most games on ultra at 60+ fps (most of them are above 100 at high/ultra settings) my CPU goes from 40-50C in games like Pubg, wow, black flag and many other games i've tested, battlefield as well.
(wow is on 7/10 setting with ultra on particles etc, caps at 200fps often without v/gsync but can drop down to 60 yada yada yada.
But when i play R6 it suddenly jumps up to 70-72C.
Idk if its a heavy game despite the settings being on ultra etc and that it can withstand up to 100-105C before completely shutting down.
It's not that big of a deal at all but i do have a small amount of concern. I've heard that i should start looking deeper into it if it reaches the 80's, and it's not that far from it.
My case have a nice airflow and my buddy made sure to use the best of it with the fan-radiator-fan setup (we tested other varieties).
Gpu and all other components never exceed above 40-50.
My setup is:
I5-8600k coffee lake (3.6ghz 6 core)
H60 processor water cooler
Corsair CX550
Asus GTX 1060 6gb STRIX
Asus TUF z370
8gb corsair vengeance lpx 2400mhz (buying 1 more 8gb stick this week)
NZXT h440 'silent edition' without panel.
and ofc my HDD and SSD.

I know the 8th gen i5 might have cooling issues but even as brand new it's quite odd it instantly heats up that fast.

Then again, technology can be odd sometimes.

And no it's not the thermal paste, fans or water cooler for the processor, as mentioned all other games are below 60 ish.

Great game but is it really that heavy?

Edit: it’s NOT oc’ed

Solution

No offense, but perfection is a stretch, especially considering the H60 you stuck in there. No reason to not go with a 280mm radiator in that case.

Like I said in my last post, it's...
Feb 26, 2018
I Think there is a problem with your CPU, i have have an i3 7100 and gtx 1050ti and my one doesn't get very hot when i play six seige.

Have you overclocked your CPU? that might be the reason why your cpu is so hot.

You may want to upgrade your cpu cooler. AIO with 120mm radiator is not any better than a good air cooler.
Plus pump may die and also
cooling system may spring a leak and kill your pc
(not saying this will happen to your pc, but possibility exists).

If 72'C is really the max a.k.a. it won't go higher, everything is still in green area, especially if it is OCed.
No need to be worried.

Processor temp depends on the load, some games do not put more load on the proc.

If your 8600k does reach above 80'C. I would try to do something about that.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
H60 is pretty bad for an AIO cooler and Coffee Lake runs very hot.

It gets beat out by a lot of mid-range air coolers.

Just because it's liquid cooled doesn't mean anything.

My H115i keeps my 8700k (a hotter CPU) under 50C. My torture loads even are under 68C.

If you never plan on overclocking it will be fine, but I doubt you'll be able to get anything above 4.7GHz with that cooler. Maybe not even that.

But it's within spec. So while many enthusiasts like me consider those temps as ridiculously hot it's not going to damage the CPU.

Feb 26, 2018

No i havent overclocked it at all, but my buddy with an 7-8th gen i7 and 1080 ti has experienced it aswell as some others. Only the cpu nothing else!

I’ve done a little bit more reading and i do think, to be quite honest that it is the game itself.

My rig is close to perfection with fan cooling and water cooling for my cpu.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable

No offense, but perfection is a stretch, especially considering the H60 you stuck in there. No reason to not go with a 280mm radiator in that case.

Like I said in my last post, it's fine if you don't plan on overclocking. Otherwise you're going to need a bigger boat... er.. cooler.

Solution
Feb 26, 2018

I know it's kinda... "strechy" to say perfection, but by perfection i mean with that cooler.

Just updated my post about an update and some fixing, so it's all cool now.

No pun intended