i5-8600k normal temp?

Apr 29, 2018
So I recently have my i5-8600k (specifically built it by my own) and I was just wondering, what is the normal temperature for an i5-8600k? Mine would reach 22C to 32C without any active applications running in the background and 45C to 55C with Chrome, et cetera, then 55C to 105C by playing games. Is this normal?

If not, what is the best CPU Cooler for an i5-8600k? Thanks!

Solution
no 105c is definitely not normal. you need to see if your cooler is mounted properly and that your fan is plugged into the proper header. temps should not be exceeding about 80-85c max
Apr 29, 2018
I am just using a stock fan as of now, but I'm planning to upgrade it from a stock cooler to Noctua NH-D15. I am not sure though if Noctua would fit inside the case. Is it okay to use it until the week after next? I also removed the side covering of my case and the temp reduced quite slightly. Should I minimize my usage of this computer until I have the budget to afford a better Air Cooler?

Apr 29, 2018

I rechecked everything and it seems that the stock fan was way too loose. I made sure it's tight now and the temp has gone down quite a little bit (45 - 70 C while idle before rechecked -- 35~45 - 47~52 C after reseated ). If you are asking about my case, then it is TrendSonic Styx (I live in a country where items are limited.)

Also was wondering, would this affect the future usage of my processor since I let it go beyond 90C twice or thrice?

Your case is limited to 160mm tall CPU coolers, which means the NH-D15 won't fit, but the D15S will fit.

A lot of people go over 90C many times while overclocking and stress testing, but usually only for short periods of time. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Intel CPUs have a built in feature that throttles them down when they reach a certain maximum temp to prevent major heat damage. That temperature is 100-105C for your CPU.

Apr 29, 2018

I see, but I haven't overclocked this, so I believe my CPU fan is very weak to handle the processor. I am also planning to get a liquid cooler instead since I think that air cooler won't do much in our temperature here. :)

Skontrodude

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011

I've chosen a Scythe Fuma to cool down my i7-8700K, the height it's 149mm so it should fit your case.
I finished to install everything yesterday so I cannot give you much info on the temps, I just checked under Win 10 and I have 28C (idle). By the information I found before buying it, the Fuma is one of the best air coolers for its height, with results not far from the NH-D15.