i5 8600k
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3
Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Paste
16 gb DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series
Geforce Gtx 1070 Ti Founders edition
500 gb Samsung 860 EVO SSD
650 W EVGA 80 plus gold PSU

I want to do some minor overclocking on this system. I am not in a huge need but wouldn't mind overclocking to get a little bit of better performance. I am aware that this MOBO isn't the best for Oc, but could someone give me some advice on how to overclock on this system? I am a very noob beginner, and am not willing to upgrade my MOBO currently.

Solution
Before I put my current overclock of 5ghz on my i5 8600k, I tried to see what I could get just by raising the multiplier and leaving everything else on default. This is what I was able to do. You might want to give it a try.
cIiu3DX.png

I should add, though it doesn't show in this picture I did turn xmp on for my memory.

urbancamper

Distinguished
Before I put my current overclock of 5ghz on my i5 8600k, I tried to see what I could get just by raising the multiplier and leaving everything else on default. This is what I was able to do. You might want to give it a try.
cIiu3DX.png

I should add, though it doesn't show in this picture I did turn xmp on for my memory.

Solution

Saturnity

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017
For a minor overclock, simply go to what I believe is "CPU Ratio" it should be a two digit number, you can increase that a little bit, maybe 5, and it should state under it, as something like "Adjusted CPU Frequency" and it should be basically whatever that ratio was, as MHz, so for example if the CPU ratio was 30, it should say 3000 MHz under it. Thats how it is for mine

You can also go the second route, and increase the CPU Base Clock (MHz) by a little until you get to whatever clock you want.

Apr 15, 2018

Thanks for the response, I will be sure to give that a try. I appreciate the assistance!

TRENDING THREADS