i5 8600k overcloack at 4,3 or less is it worth it?

Feb 26, 2018
Hello
I have an i5 8600k on a z370 gaming pro carbon cooled by a NZXT x52 watercooling. I am kind of a beginer in PC hardware and don't really know if I should overcloack, i am scared of my chip getting too hot over the years and having to change it in 3 years.
And is it worth it to overcloack it to 4,3GHz or less ?? Thanks

Solution
The factory turbo speeds are 4.3 GHz....

If you use an XMP/MCE-capable motherboard (both on/enabled) and have adequate cooling, it will run all cores at 4.3 GHz by default, which you should find *MORE* than acceptable. Whether or not your rig (GPU and monitor) are capable of using the 2-5 more frames/sec achieved by going to 4.5-4.7 GHz is up to you....

BF1 is GPU-limited even at 1080P/ultra even with a 1080Ti, so, increasing CPU clock speed by 400 MHz and power draw by double and ramping temps to 90C to net .1 fps average gain seems pointless to most...

(For instance, if already getting 110 fps minimums on a 100 Hz refresh monitor, the ability to get 120 fps is somewhat dubious....)
The factory turbo speeds are 4.3 GHz....

If you use an XMP/MCE-capable motherboard (both on/enabled) and have adequate cooling, it will run all cores at 4.3 GHz by default, which you should find *MORE* than acceptable. Whether or not your rig (GPU and monitor) are capable of using the 2-5 more frames/sec achieved by going to 4.5-4.7 GHz is up to you....

BF1 is GPU-limited even at 1080P/ultra even with a 1080Ti, so, increasing CPU clock speed by 400 MHz and power draw by double and ramping temps to 90C to net .1 fps average gain seems pointless to most...

(For instance, if already getting 110 fps minimums on a 100 Hz refresh monitor, the ability to get 120 fps is somewhat dubious....)

Solution