beepadyboopady

Reputable
Apr 12, 2018
As a first time builder, I was curious about the temps which my overclocked i5-8600k is running. I have overclocked it to 4800MHz and 1.25v. I could have pushed it further but wanted it to live for a little bit longer.
Temps:
Idle - 35°C
Internet browsing (YouTube) - 43 - 51°C
Gaming - 58 - 81°C
The cooler I have is the Corsair H100i Pro RGB, with the two fans running at idle 1000RPM and gaming 1800-2400RPM, with the water temp around 26°C when idle, and gaming around 36-41°C. Ambient temps are hovering around 22°C. I was just wondering if these temps were good for my CPU.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
They're great for an overclocked chip, your max temperature is 100C, but I'd make sure you have some airflow onto the motherboard, as many cases now feature clear side panels that you are unable to mount fans to, limiting the flow of air over the VRMs of the board.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
They're great for an overclocked chip, your max temperature is 100C, but I'd make sure you have some airflow onto the motherboard, as many cases now feature clear side panels that you are unable to mount fans to, limiting the flow of air over the VRMs of the board.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX
Solution
Aug 24, 2019
They're a truly amazing chip to own, even without hyper threading i love it! , i have mine at 5.3ghz 1.35v around 70C max load running aida64 about 45 mins . i threw together my build from parts put aside from my new build, with a 9900k. Good back up system for me

Sep 26, 2018
I am also trying to overclock i5 8600k, any ideas where I can look up a guide? I tried using my motherboard's "AI Overclock", but that did not work, it literally stopped my computer from booting. My idle temps are 36-44, it worries me, but I do have a 240 AIO, idk if that's capable for OC.

beepadyboopady

Reputable
Apr 12, 2018
I am also trying to overclock i5 8600k, any ideas where I can look up a guide? I tried using my motherboard's "AI Overclock", but that did not work, it literally stopped my computer from booting. My idle temps are 36-44, it worries me, but I do have a 240 AIO, idk if that's capable for OC.
If you are completely new to overclocking, I would watch this video (
View: https://youtu.be/3Is8XqC0-C0
) all the way through, but it also depends on what mobo you have, for me I had the Z370, which was the reason why the video was so helpful. But if you aren't too confident on what you are doing just search up, "i5-8600k, your motherboard overclocking". If you still aren't sure, download the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility. I hope this helps!