[SOLVED] i5 9300H 15w possible?

Lil’bertz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2014
I was thinking of making the i5-9300H to consume less power and increase battery life by reducing its TDP to 15w whenever im not plugging in a wall charger. is it possible? will it have stability issues?

Solution
I'm sure if one selected Economy mode in WIndows Power plan, one might be limited to mostly 800-1200 MHz and easily achieve the 15W TDP envelope...

(you can play with HWMonitor and CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU to figure out what sort of clock speeds will keep you at a true 15 W level of consumption

If that is too slow, perhaps Intel's XTU might allow more flexibility with clock speeds under 1,2,3 or more cores loaded....
I'm sure if one selected Economy mode in WIndows Power plan, one might be limited to mostly 800-1200 MHz and easily achieve the 15W TDP envelope...

(you can play with HWMonitor and CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU to figure out what sort of clock speeds will keep you at a true 15 W level of consumption

If that is too slow, perhaps Intel's XTU might allow more flexibility with clock speeds under 1,2,3 or more cores loaded....

Solution