Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2021
Recently I have bought a acer aspire 7 laptop with i5 9300H + GTX1650 Gddr6, and when I'm stress testing cpu clock speed hovers between 3.3 MHz to 3.5 MHz but hw monitor showing that cpu is on 100% load..
So what is the problem ???? Why my cpu doesn't run on 4 GHz?
N.B.- Temps are around 70-75°c

Last edited:
Recently I have bought a acer aspire 7 laptop with i5 9300H + GTX1650 Gddr6, and when I'm stress testing cpu clock speed hovers between 3.3 MHz to 3.5 MHz but hw monitor showing that cpu is on 100% load..
So what is the problem ???? Why my cpu doesn't run on 4 GHz?
Too high temperature probably, also check Power saving mode and it's settings when running with power adapter in.

Feb 21, 2021
It’s very unlikely you will see the max boost speed. The max boost speed is for single core only, the more cores being used the lower the max boost speed. With today’s applications it’s very unlikely you will have a scenario where only 1 core is being used.
So why task manager shows 100% cpu utilisation.

Mar 22, 2021
Too high temperature probably, also check Power saving mode and it's settings when running with power adapter in.
hello i have legion y540 15 ich pg0
the single core boost shoud be 4.1 Ghz
and all cores boost shoud be 3.98 Ghz
yo need to check power option in controll panel .. go to system and security .. power options ..change advance power setting.. check the cpu power management .. on maximum state in plugged in shoud be 100%
the thermal throttling start when the cpu temp is above 94°

Reactions: coolau
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS