[SOLVED] I5 9400f streaming gameplay

Jul 1, 2019
Hello friends...i was wondering if a i5 9400f and rx 480 would stream gameplay at 1080p 60fps being a dedicated stream only pc...i know amd is ideal when it comes to streaming but i upgraded my gaming pc and still have the i5 board and gpu ...i also dont have enough money to build a whole new setup..but anyway you guys think the i5 would do good? Any replies would he helpful thanks guys

Solution
Super rare, ummm. Star Citizen, Battlefield V and probably like 3 others.

But, they can only use the extra threads a little amount, so the actual performance benefit from the 9900K is still quite small. (except for Star Citizen, but that's a game that is still in Alpha and still needs CPU optimizations)
For a dedicated streaming rig, a hexa core i5 should be perfect.

Just do x264 encoding thru the CPU, don't try running your stream/recordings thru that RX 480. As AMD's hardware acceleration chips are way worse compared to Nvidia's NVENC.

Sucks that you got the 9400F, as you could easily take out the GPU in that streaming rig since you won't be using it for streaming and just use the IGPU instead.

Jul 1, 2019
For a dedicated streaming rig, a hexa core i5 should be perfect.

Just do x264 encoding thru the CPU, don't try running your stream/recordings thru that RX 480. As AMD's hardware acceleration chips are way worse compared to Nvidia's NVENC.

Sucks that you got the 9400F, as you could easily take out the GPU in that streaming rig since you won't be using it for streaming and just use the IGPU instead.
Awesome thank you for the reply im goad it will work i just need a few more parts to build...and also i have the i7 9700k for my gaming rig and i was qondering if there is any point in getting an i9 9900k at all? I wont be streaming with it considering i have a stream rig so isnt the 9700 basically the same as 9900 for gaming

Jul 1, 2019
For a stream only, it should be more than fine, a lot of folks use quad cores for this....(assuming your network bandwidth/throughput is adequate, of course)
Awesome thank you for letting me know...anothe question is i have an i7 9700k in my game pc...would it make any differnce getting a 9900k or should i just wait a while for next thing? 9700k is basically the same for gaming right?

Super rare, ummm. Star Citizen, Battlefield V and probably like 3 others.

But, they can only use the extra threads a little amount, so the actual performance benefit from the 9900K is still quite small. (except for Star Citizen, but that's a game that is still in Alpha and still needs CPU optimizations)

Solution