Mar 13, 2020
Guys i have some problem after build a pc, my processor is Intel Core i5-9400f with 2.9ghz + Deepcool Gammax 400 V2 + deepcool z3 thermal pasta
Its so weird because my cpu idle temp is so high, and when im playing game ( low graphic game ) its touched 100 C -_-

1.png

and now im so confused how to fix it, can u all help me guys ?

Solution
Of course, i plug the cpu fan.. its spinning normal and i can set the speed by application

Ive been trying 3 times maybe.. to reapply thermal paste.. but nothing's happened :( yeah cross pattern for intel right ?

When you try to wiggle the CPU cooler does it move(is it loose)?
You need to make sure that the cooler is securely locked in place... Intel's mounting system with those push pins can be a pain to install sometimes.

Before reinstalling the cooler make sure that the pins are retracted(you need to pull up on them) like in this picture:

maxresdefault.jpg

When all the pins are like in that image, turn them clockwise 90 degrees and push on the pins until they click... after the...
Mar 13, 2020
Did you plug the CPU fan into the CPU fan header? Is the fan spining?

If you checked the things above... remount the CPU Cooler, reapply thermal paste and make sure your tightening the screws correctly in a cross pattern.
Of course, i plug the cpu fan.. its spinning normal and i can set the speed by application

Ive been trying 3 times maybe.. to reapply thermal paste.. but nothing's happened :( yeah cross pattern for intel right ?

You need to make sure that the cooler is securely locked in place... Intel's mounting system with those push pins can be a pain to install sometimes.

Before reinstalling the cooler make sure that the pins are retracted(you need to pull up on them) like in this picture:

maxresdefault.jpg

When all the pins are like in that image, turn them clockwise 90 degrees and push on the pins until they click... after the click make sure that the pin is firmly secured in place(doesn't wiggle).

Your overheating problem comes most likely from an improper mount.

Reactions: asrockfatality213
Solution
Mar 13, 2020
i

maxresdefault.jpg

When all the pins are like in that image, turn them clockwise 90 degrees and push on the pins until they click... after the click make sure that the pin is firmly secured in place(doesn't wiggle).

Your overheating problem comes most likely from an improper mount.

im using fuckin gammax 400 v2 .. but the weird thing is the heatsink is not hot as cpu temp .. and im switch it to intel stock cooler and then the temp of cpu going ok :) thanks all of your response..

i

im using fuckin gammax 400 v2 .. but the weird thing is the heatsink is not hot as cpu temp .. and im switch it to intel stock cooler and then the temp of cpu going ok :) thanks all of your response..

I was using an intel stock cooler as an example because the gammax has the same mounting system as the stock one(for intel).

EDIT: if the cooler(gammaxx) is not heating up that much then there's improper transfer of heat... that can happen due to not mounting the cooler correctly or the thermal paste not spreading accros the CPU heatspreader evenly. If you're sure that you've done those things correctly, then there's something wrong with the heatsink and you should return it. The gammaxx 400 should perform much better than intel's stock cooler.

Last edited: