[SOLVED] i5 9400f to i7 9700k Upgrade?

I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade to the i7 9700k since its on sale for about $40 less right now.

All the forums I've seen online show that I would get about an 5-10 FPS increase depending on the game.

Is it worth it? Gaming wise not workstation. I don't edit videos or render anything.

Solution
That gpu and RAM (Assuming 2x8gb and not 1x16gb) should be strong enough to utilise the extra performance from a 9700k. The 9700k should stay viable longer as we are seeing the i5’s with only 6 threads being pushed very hard and sometimes suffer with poor frame time variances. I think it could be worth it in the long run even if the bump in performance is moderate today. It should help in COD, the others not so much.
What’s the rest of the pc spec and what resolution do you game at? Remember a lot of these reviews use a high end gpu and run a low resolution like 1080p to maximise the difference between CPU’s. Often this doesn’t reflect the average gaming system and the difference the average gamer will see.

That gpu and RAM (Assuming 2x8gb and not 1x16gb) should be strong enough to utilise the extra performance from a 9700k. The 9700k should stay viable longer as we are seeing the i5’s with only 6 threads being pushed very hard and sometimes suffer with poor frame time variances. I think it could be worth it in the long run even if the bump in performance is moderate today. It should help in COD, the others not so much.

Reactions: Mooons
Solution
Yes its 2x8gb.

Should I wait for 10th gen to release so the i9 price drops or just go ahead and get the 9700k?