[SOLVED] i5-9400f vs i5-7500, which one is better for gaming?

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
hi, today I passed by the second hand pc store on my way home. They have two pc still on Christmas sale. One pc has i59400F and another has i57500. I know there are some more thing to consider like mobo, ram, etc. But just want to focus on the cpu for now... so asking the people here who had experience with these two cpu's. Which one performs better in games?

Lutfij

Titan
You need to consider that you're looking into platforms that are phased out by Intel in favor of their newer platforms...that being said, if you must invest, invest in something at least one generation old, if not, hold onto your wallet, save up and get what's concurrent. You will also need to factor in other components in the build since builds of that nature often tend to come with worse than bottom of the barrel parts...worse if you have to deal with warranty/RMA's for parts that are harder to find or not made anymore.

Reactions: Tac 25

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
thanks for the replies. The i59400F comes with an RX 460, 240 GB SSD. ECS Elitegroup mobo which has two ram slots, each slot has an 8GB DDR4 installed for a total of 16 GB ram. The stock PSU is a P-Ful 600... if I ever buy this thing, will also buy a new PSU for it. Did not have my cellphone when went to the shop, but the pc has a decent looking gaming case with plenty of airflow. They're selling it for 500 usd. Worth it or not?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Does it come with windows?

For me it's too much with that cheap motherboard and having to add a new psu. Saving grace might be the added gpu.

What would it be for? Gaming? What games?

You have two systems, could use the gtx 1050 ti in another system? Like a new one. Upgrade the Q9500 build, use the gpu out of that in the I7 2600 system.

Kinda wondering what the purpose is next to what you already have.

You could reuse alot more from the Q9500 system.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
@Vic 40

the i59400F pc for sale at the shop comes with Windows 10. I don't intend to touch my other pc's.. they're stable already, and have games + other important files in them.

if I ever buy the i59400F. Planning to store it for awhile until I could buy a stronger GPU to match it's cpu. Right now, my i72600k pc runs all my favorite games just fine on a 27 inch monitor... Granblue Fantasy (everything on high, no lag), Tekken 7 (graphics set on high + full screen, no lag), Genshin Impact (all settings on high, full screen no lag), Dead or Alive VI (no lag at 2560 x 1440 resolution) so things are fine right now. ---- My main reason for wanting an i59400F pc is it will be the recipient of whatever strong GPU I would acquire in the near or distant future. Or am I just wasting money on this plan?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Don't see the point in having such an old "back up" pc and buy this for storage (yes is a waste of money, especially with already an older platform). The Q9500 has done it's duty and for me would this the time to get something new, harvest what you can reuse and use the i7 2600K system as back up.

Reactions: Tac 25

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
just one more update to this thread. Went to the shop today, told the people there, told them I won't be getting the i59400F. On cordial relations with that shop, so I informed them of the decision. Also told them I would wait for a 10th generation or higher machine to appear in their inventory, before considering to buy. :)

Reactions: Vic 40

TRENDING THREADS