[SOLVED] I5 9400f vs i5 9600k

Solution
Ok

Oh my bad, I meant to say cpu, srry I'm new to this stuff. I'm trying to budget for a gpu, cpu, and ram.
Are you only considering Intel or have you looked at Ryzen 3000? The Ryzen 3600X is close in performance to the i5-9600k, but has double the CPU threads and is a cheaper overall build when considering CPU, CPU cooler and motherboard costs.

If you plan to keep the system for more than 2 years, you are going to want at minimum 12 CPU threads with 16 being more ideal for future games coming to the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Ryzen 4000 was suppose to be coming in July, but will probably be delayed due to the virus. It may still be coming this years if you want to wait.
Mar 27, 2020
Are you budgeting only for a CPU, motherboard and memory upgrade or for ram and GPU only? Your title and post are slightly confusing.
Ok
Are you budgeting only for a CPU, motherboard and memory upgrade or for ram and GPU only? Your title and post are slightly confusing.
Oh my bad, I meant to say cpu, srry I'm new to this stuff. I'm trying to budget for a gpu, cpu, and ram.

Ok

Are you only considering Intel or have you looked at Ryzen 3000? The Ryzen 3600X is close in performance to the i5-9600k, but has double the CPU threads and is a cheaper overall build when considering CPU, CPU cooler and motherboard costs.

If you plan to keep the system for more than 2 years, you are going to want at minimum 12 CPU threads with 16 being more ideal for future games coming to the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Ryzen 4000 was suppose to be coming in July, but will probably be delayed due to the virus. It may still be coming this years if you want to wait.

Solution
Mar 27, 2020

I never thought about that, thanks for opening my mind I never really understood amd ryzen products, I'm upgrading from a btw 1050ti and amd fx 3600, my budget will be around $500. Could you possible recommend me a gpu and cpu that would be a good upgrade for me?

I never thought about that, thanks for opening my mind I never really understood amd ryzen products, I'm upgrading from a btw 1050ti and amd fx 3600, my budget will be around $500. Could you possible recommend me a gpu and cpu that would be a good upgrade for me?
$500 won't get you far if you need to replace more than just motherboard, CPU, memory CPU cooler and GPU. You could go to https://pcpartpicker.com/ , look over the already created builds, make your own build based on one and replace some for a cheaper build. If you are a very tight budget you could get the Ryzen 5 1600 AF (slightly downclocked 2600) and a GTX 1650 Super which is around double the performance of a 1050 TI or 1660 Super for $50 more at 80-100% faster than a 1050 TI.

Mar 27, 2020
$500 won't get you far if you need to replace more than just motherboard, CPU, memory CPU cooler and GPU. You could go to https://pcpartpicker.com/ , look over the already created builds, make your own build based on one and replace some for a cheaper build. If you are a very tight budget you could get the Ryzen 5 1600 AF (slightly downclocked 2600) and a GTX 1650 Super which is around double the performance of a 1050 TI or 1660 Super for $50 more at 80-100% faster than a 1050 TI.
Thanks for leading me to the right place, I'm not sure if i need a new mother board, and possibly other things, I cant find out what my mother board it at the moment but idk if it will be good enough. But I really needed this as a beginner. Bless you and have a good day.

Excellent prices on R5-2600/B450 boards these days...

GTX1650 is a popular starter (decent gaming entry level) card....
Assuming you can find the 1600 AF (YD1600BBAFBOX) at $85 vs $120 for the 2600, it's an automatic recommend from me for budget gaming systems. With 3.2Ghz base/3.6Ghz boost on the 1600 AF vs 3.4Ghz/3.9Ghz on the 2600, it's going to be a 3-6% actual performance difference in games.

From my own experience gaming on a 2600 and using a Hyper 212 Evo, I never reach higher than 3.85Ghz boost all cores at around 45c and 3.775Ghz at around 65c. I'm willing to bet that the 1600 AF would fully boost all the time when gaming if using a 212 Evo or similar CPU cooler.