Jul 17, 2020
Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my CPU from an i5-6400 to a 9th gen Intel CPU. My budget is around 300 dollars for the CPU as I'm hoping to spend other funds on a new motherboard and an RTX 3000 series card (When they do come out). I plan for these components to last me throughout the next 4 years roughly. I was curious as to which 9th gen intel CPU I should get? Will 6 cores be enough or should I just spend the extra hundred on an 8 core processor? I plan to play games such as Battlefield, Squad, and Cod.

Solution
Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my CPU from an i5-6400 to a 9th gen Intel CPU. My budget is around 300 dollars for the CPU as I'm hoping to spend other funds on a new motherboard and an RTX 3000 series card (When they do come out). I plan for these components to last me throughout the next 4 years roughly. I was curious as to which 9th gen intel CPU I should get? Will 6 cores be enough or should I just spend the extra hundred on an 8 core processor? I plan to play games such as Battlefield, Squad, and Cod.

I would suggest a Ryzen build over a Intel. Ther performance is similar but eh hardware is cheaper. You can find B450 used for quite cheap or pick up the new B550 mobos cheaper then most Intels. The CPUs are also usually on...

I would suggest a Ryzen build over a Intel. Ther performance is similar but eh hardware is cheaper. You can find B450 used for quite cheap or pick up the new B550 mobos cheaper then most Intels. The CPUs are also usually on sale much cheaper then their Intel equivalents.

Solution