Question i5 9600k %100 percent usage on gaming

Oct 22, 2019
Hello i have evga 1070sc and i5 9600k with msi-z390. When i tried arkham knight and witcher 3 on 60 fps,1080p,ultra settings, the cpu is %100 used. I dont think that's normal. Any ideas?

Oct 22, 2019
Hello,

I have checked the the task manager and Hardware monitor on gaming and non gaming. While the game closed the CPU usage is between %3-%5

When game is on it goes up to 60-70 and depending the area in game it goes to 90-100 (and stutter)

I have checked the YouTube and there are people get less usage than mine.

I did the bios update, no luck.
I dont think that usage is not normal? Is it normal and am i just being paranoid? I just did not expect 2 games that are 4 years old could cause problem on a processor like this.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It didn't sound too bad to me - especially the Witcher 3, as it's pretty demanding even today.
However, looking into it, yes, that kind of CPU load does look a excessive.

I'm not sure what's causing that, honestly.
Coudl you post a screenshot of Task Manager while gaming and reaching 100% CPU utilization?

If the culprit is the game, you're not going to be able to do much with that, other than lower (or increase) your in--game settings.

Oct 22, 2019
Hello again,

I took a screenshot while playing the game. This is the task manager on game. Is it hurtful to the processor? Using it on %100? I have checked the tempratures, is won't get higher than 76 C on gaming.