[SOLVED] I5 9600k heating

May 25, 2020
I have i5 9600k cpu and master cooler hyper 212 rgb black, when playing hitman and Assassin's creed cpu heat reach 80 is that normal? And if not how can I fix it?
Thank you in advance

Solution
it's an air cooler, first make sure it is properly installed. also, your PC case's intake /exhaust setup is likely the culprit as you need to have plenty of cool air on the intake and your exhaust fans need to expel the hot air. Id take a look at those things to see if any improvements can be made
I think that's a bit high for that CPU and cooler. I have a Corsair H60 and an i5 9600k and my temps never get above 60 while playing BF5 for hours. May be too much/little thermal compound? Check you coolers fan connection to your motherboard - make sure it's connected to the CPU fan header on the board. Make sure the fan is spinning and is adjusting speed appropriately.

it's an air cooler, first make sure it is properly installed. also, your PC case's intake /exhaust setup is likely the culprit as you need to have plenty of cool air on the intake and your exhaust fans need to expel the hot air. Id take a look at those things to see if any improvements can be made

Solution