[SOLVED] i5-9600k idle temps and full load temps.

Apr 4, 2020
I have a i5-9600k with a corsair h115i plat 280 aio cooler. I'm having around 36-40c while idle and around 42-50c while playing most games. I know i know.. number are low but i was just wondering with thatt cooler wouldn't i be getting lower numbers? i had a Master cooler 212 and my idle temps where at 28-33 when i was idle. Possible i didnt apply the thermal paste right? I've only done around 4 computer builds and still new and just trying to figure stuff out so i can learn more. also does CPU room temp change if my room temp changes? Thanks if anyone responds!

Solution
Both numbers are low....and the 'at load' temps (much more important than idle temps, anyway) are very low at that. (Lots of variables, as some mainboards run Intel -spec clock speed curves, i.e, max turbo might only be seen for 30-60 seconds, with much lower clocks chosen for all-core loads to meet TDP goals...; yet other mainboards might even default MCE-mode to enabled, running all cores at max turbo indefinitely)

Not sure exactly what you were expecting, short of perhaps room temp readings, even at load? :)

See what temps are under CPU-Z/bench/stress cpu for 15 minutes....(and can you perhaps note what clocks speeds are shown in HWMonitor across all cores during the above test?)
Both numbers are low....and the 'at load' temps (much more important than idle temps, anyway) are very low at that. (Lots of variables, as some mainboards run Intel -spec clock speed curves, i.e, max turbo might only be seen for 30-60 seconds, with much lower clocks chosen for all-core loads to meet TDP goals...; yet other mainboards might even default MCE-mode to enabled, running all cores at max turbo indefinitely)

Not sure exactly what you were expecting, short of perhaps room temp readings, even at load? :)

See what temps are under CPU-Z/bench/stress cpu for 15 minutes....(and can you perhaps note what clocks speeds are shown in HWMonitor across all cores during the above test?)

Solution
Apr 4, 2020
Thanks for the quick response! Was expecting temps to be lower with a decent aio but like I said I know I know the numbers are low. I just like seeing what other people’s thoughts are. Just ran a bunch of test and cpu seems to run around 53 and gpu at 79 after an hour. I guess I just like seeing Low numbers lol. Also they have the heater on in my apartment because apparently were supposed to get ridiculous weather. Just crazy how some games run different temps and I find it interesting. Either way ty for your response !

closs.sebastien

Honorable
Feb 9, 2018
my core i7 8700k with big air cooling (dark rock pro 3) can go up to 75°C with all core in boost (4.4 ghz indefinitely).
and box is a bequiet pure-base 600 with 2x 140mm fan (bequiet purewing+noctua) in front, and 1x 120 mm fan at the rear (bequiet purewing).

but 75°C is also ok. even if it could be lower. I plan to change one fan (the front purewing) by a noctua (it has a bigger flow).

Reactions: Sekcmexi
Apr 4, 2020
I did a lil overclocking and got my i59600k to 5.0ghz but my cpu went to 62c-69c at 1.29v but I just went back to stock because I didn’t see a huge difference. I just like keeping my of cool I guess. I also have 4 140mm and 120mm in my 510 nzxt elite. I feel like I look to much into temps and when anything goes higher then 60 I freak out 🤷🏼‍♂️