[SOLVED] i5 9600k or i5 8600k or ryzen 2600x

Faysal Rahman

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017
I will most likely use my PC for gaming purpose only. I currently have fx 8350 and want to upgrade as soon as possible. My current gpu is rx 480. The price difference of i5 8600k and i5 9600k is only 30 dollars here. And the price difference of ryzen and 9600k is 65 dollars here. My budget is around for processo and motherboard is around 475 dollars. I am in dilemma because I wont be able to change my PC for around 5 years or so. So this pc has to perform decently by then.(I will change the gpu though in the future) I am in a huge dilemma tbh I dont know what to do. I cant afford the CPU cooler right now but i have coolermaster seidon 120v. I will be able to buy a cooler by 2-3 months. So please keep everything in mind and give me an answer.

Solution
For gaming on a tight budget the two best choices are the 2600 as mentioned and the i5 8400. The ryzen is a better all round choice but for gaming the two are close enough that it doesn't matter. If you want to make the small step up to a 2600X/8600K or 9600K then the ryzen comes with a cooler which is an advantage but your seidon 120v should be enough for stock speeds on any of these I think.

I think for the gains you get though the 2600 might make more sense and leave some money towards the graphics card. You can always add a beefier cooler and try your hand at overclocking later on but honestly I think it will perform well enough at stock speeds to play whatever you want.

Faysal Rahman

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017

Actually my total budget is around 595 dollar including the proc, ram and mobo. I am thinking of G.Skill trident Z 3200 8gb(whatever the proc is) and mobo would be Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING 9th Gen Micro ATX Motherboard( for i5 9600k/i5 8600k) So it would fit into my budget. Thing is i wont be able to change my pc for next 5 years without the gpu. So i was thinking u consider everything and then give me a solution( as i have limited knowledge) thank you <3

Faysal Rahman

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017

proc:fx 8350
mobo: gigabyte 970a
ram: 8gb 1600 bus i forgot the model
gpu : rx 480
Mostly i play dota 2 and assasins creed series. But i want to change to offline gaming as i lost my interest in dota. But found out nothing worked on this PC. So i am changing the rig but want something futureproof by that i mean it will hold till i can again afford one

Dugimodo

Distinguished
For gaming on a tight budget the two best choices are the 2600 as mentioned and the i5 8400. The ryzen is a better all round choice but for gaming the two are close enough that it doesn't matter. If you want to make the small step up to a 2600X/8600K or 9600K then the ryzen comes with a cooler which is an advantage but your seidon 120v should be enough for stock speeds on any of these I think.

I think for the gains you get though the 2600 might make more sense and leave some money towards the graphics card. You can always add a beefier cooler and try your hand at overclocking later on but honestly I think it will perform well enough at stock speeds to play whatever you want.

Solution

Faysal Rahman

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017

I wont buy a gpu within one year or so and this budget of mine is totally for the cpu mobo and ram so i wont be needing to cut the budget i just need it to make me through 5 years till the time i can afford one again

Faysal Rahman

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017

Dota gives me around 30fps in teamfights even as low as 20 during teamfights. Assasins creed origins gives me idk what fps but even in medium settings it stutters a lot so much that i got headache one day. Same for darksiders 3 and also hitman 2(the 2nd mission wont even load) but the first mission was smooth.

that sounds like an issue with your system thermal/virus. I will sort that out first before spending money.
1. Check CPU temp and usage, HWinfo or MSI afterburner is a good tool. Dota should be 100+ FPS easily with your rig.
2. Use antivirus/malware clean tool if #1 shows normal temp.
3. Reinstall OS or reset to clean up any software/driver issues.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Well it seems like it's just down to what you choose, all of these are good options and will game very well. Intel might have a bit more fps now but Ryzen is pretty close and better at multithreaded applications or running other tasks while gaming and who knows which will end up better for future games.

Ryzen also have promised to stay compatible to the socket for the next couple of releases so it'll be possible to put a Ryzen 3xxx or 4xxx into the system in the future but intel tend to make you upgrade the whole system. But then again that's inside the 5 years so you won't be upgrading anyway ?

What I would do is look at some side by side comparisons on youtube, there are plenty. Maybe you might even find Dota results for all three. Then just pick one and don't worry about it, whichever you choose will be fine.

Faysal Rahman

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017

I thought that first myselft but that didnt seem to be the case cause it is still occuring i even changed my HDD. Also the cpu gpu temp seemed fine.

Faysal Rahman

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017

Thing is maybe i wont be able to afford one by 3-4 years atleast. So i want it to be handy and not fall off like my current proc.

Faysal Rahman

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017

CPU usage is 100% percent during game. And it rises upto 70-75ish maybe

TRENDING THREADS