Question I5 9600k pls HELP

dylanwilkinson81

Honorable
Aug 29, 2017
Watch the language
Look I’m not going to worry about grammar right now but I do have a problem I just bought the i5 9600k with a new motherboard and ram and the Removed is worse than the previous setup I had A gtx 1070 with i5 4690k getting about 70 FPS on battlefield 5 now I’m getting about 50-60 with the Removedi5 9600k combined with a 1070 sorry I’m just pissed and I don’t know what I’m doing at all I need help I’m a complete nooby but this is bullshit I’ve spend so much money on this Removed I hope it’s an easy fix please help

Last edited by a moderator:

dylanwilkinson81

Honorable
Aug 29, 2017
Any motherboard change it is highly recommended you reinstall Windows. I’d definitely start with this.
L I will try this btw I went on user benchmark.com says i5 9600k is performing way below expectations (just bought it) 1070 is performing way below expectations (4 years old) and ram is performing way below expectations( just bought it) maybe I didn’t get the right motherboard? Bought a gigabyte z390 ud motherboard

L I will try this btw I went on user benchmark.com says i5 9600k is performing way below expectations (just bought it) 1070 is performing way below expectations (4 years old) and ram is performing way below expectations( just bought it) maybe I didn’t get the right motherboard? Bought a gigabyte z390 ud motherboard
Any benchmarks are pointless until you are running a fresh install of Windows.

Reactions: bmockeg
Start with the clean install of Windows. This situation is almost like you had an older car. Let's say a mustang. Then you tried to replace the engine with one from a Toyota Camry. But you still have the system computer trying to understand what is what. Kind of what's going on here. Your operating system may not fully know what parts are there or may not have set them up properly. Reinstalling Windows should help a lot in this area.

Reactions: dylanwilkinson81

dylanwilkinson81

Honorable
Aug 29, 2017
Ok I did a fresh windows install. Cpu is performing as expected. Gpu is performing way below/ below expectations. Ram is performing below expectations.I have the latest gpu driver. I’ll test Bf5 multiplayer and will know instantly if the FPS is better or worse will update in an hour. Not sure what else I’m supposed to be doing. Isn’t it just plug and play. Seems like it could be worse than my other setup.

Ok I did a fresh windows install. Cpu is performing as expected. Gpu is performing way below/ below expectations. Ram is performing below expectations.I have the latest gpu driver. I’ll test Bf5 multiplayer and will know instantly if the FPS is better or worse will update in an hour. Not sure what else I’m supposed to be doing. Isn’t it just plug and play. Seems like it could be worse than my other setup.
Depends if you installed all of the required drivers. RAM needs to be in XMP mode to perform as expected. GPU needs the current NVIDIA driver, not whatever came with the GPU.

Run user benchmark and link is the results.