[SOLVED] i5-9600k to 9900k or Ryzen 3000?

D

Deleted member 2316159

Hi, i have an i5-9600k on an ASUS Hero XI WiFi, 2x8gb Crucial, GTX 1070 Ti, BitFenix Whisper M 750w, Corsair H100i v2, 250gb Samsung EVO 840 SSD and 1tb Samsung EVO 860 SSD.
Should i upgrade if i'm only playing games and browsing the web? Should i wait for Ryzen 4th gen or Intel's 10nm?
I would love to have a 9900k, but when i bought the processor i didn't have enough money for the 9700k or the 9900k.

Solution
Great advice! Then you think I got it covered for almost 2 years? Thanks! :)

Hey man. Your rig is great still and doesn't need to be upgraded for a while. If you were going to upgrade it might be cheaper going for a 9700k because you already have an intel mobo and 9900k is just a 9700k with hyperthreading. I probably wouldn't even bother upgrading your CPU for now. I would save up for a better GPU like the 2070 or 2080 and then getting a new CPU when the Ryzen 3000 come out or waiting for intels 10nm lineup. So probably save up for a new GPU like a 2080 =)
D

Deleted member 2316159

The i5 should continue to be a fine gamer for years to come. That type of workload, you won't need more CPU power for the near future.

When it comes time to upgrade, there will be even better things that have come down the pipeline. Who knows, Intel might even have 10nm architecture out by then!
What you are running now is plenty of power for what you do.
Oh, ok! I saw the new Ryzen and i said: "Wow!". But here in Argentina is very difficult to buy things. One dollar = $46. You have to spend tons of money just to have motherboard and cpu. I have the posibility to travel to Poland, to a friend's house, and i'm thinking of buying something there. I'll save a lot of money. But i think i'll travel near september. Being there i'll have two options: upgrade the CPU (9700k-9900k) or buy motherboard and CPU (Ryzen). What should i do in that case?

Oh, ok! I saw the new Ryzen and i said: "Wow!". But here in Argentina is very difficult to buy things. One dollar = $46. You have to spend tons of money just to have motherboard and cpu. I have the posibility to travel to Poland, to a friend's house, and i'm thinking of buying something there. I'll save a lot of money. But i think i'll travel near september. Being there i'll have two options: upgrade the CPU (9700k-9900k) or buy motherboard and CPU (Ryzen). What should i do in that case?

Use the money to do something fun while you travel. You've got a seriously solid rig there for what you use it for.

If you were going to upgrade anything in the next 2 years, it might be the GPU's turn first. If you were to stream or seriously run demanding things in the background while gaming, that might demand more CPU power.

D

Deleted member 2316159

Use the money to do something fun while you travel. You've got a seriously solid rig there for what you use it for.

If you were going to upgrade anything in the next 2 years, it might be the GPU's turn first. If you were to stream or seriously run demanding things in the background while gaming, that might demand more CPU power.
Great advice! Then you think i got it covered for almost 2 years? Thanks! :)

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019
Great advice! Then you think I got it covered for almost 2 years? Thanks! :)

Hey man. Your rig is great still and doesn't need to be upgraded for a while. If you were going to upgrade it might be cheaper going for a 9700k because you already have an intel mobo and 9900k is just a 9700k with hyperthreading. I probably wouldn't even bother upgrading your CPU for now. I would save up for a better GPU like the 2070 or 2080 and then getting a new CPU when the Ryzen 3000 come out or waiting for intels 10nm lineup. So probably save up for a new GPU like a 2080 =)

Solution
D

Deleted member 2316159

I think i'll wait till 10nm come out. If they have another delay, i'll opt for 4th gen Ryzen. Thanks!