[SOLVED] i5 9600K with a 3070ti

Jimper

Reputable
Mar 9, 2020
So I am getting a 3070ti however my CPU isn't the greatest it's a i5 9600K, would this cause any bottlenecking?

The sort of games I run are things like GTA RP (with NVE mods), Arma 3 & Hell Let Loose at 1440p.

Just asking as I know older games like GTAV are heavy on CPU usage.

Reactions: artk2219
Solution
Would this cause any bottlenecking? The answer to this question is always yes, even the very best gaming PC’s bottleneck in certain circumstances.

A 9600k is still decent and capable of good fps in all games. A 3070Ti is a good gpu for 1440p 144Hz. Would you you get more fps with a better cpu, in many games yes. Is that a problem, well that is down to you. Some people are happy with anything over 40fps, others want to squeeze out every possible fps and demand the greatest gaming CPU’s to do it.

Im running a 3700x and 3080 for 1440p. I know a faster cpu will give more fps in some games. But the performance I am getting still gives an enjoyable gaming experience.
Would this cause any bottlenecking? The answer to this question is always yes, even the very best gaming PC’s bottleneck in certain circumstances.

A 9600k is still decent and capable of good fps in all games. A 3070Ti is a good gpu for 1440p 144Hz. Would you you get more fps with a better cpu, in many games yes. Is that a problem, well that is down to you. Some people are happy with anything over 40fps, others want to squeeze out every possible fps and demand the greatest gaming CPU’s to do it.

Im running a 3700x and 3080 for 1440p. I know a faster cpu will give more fps in some games. But the performance I am getting still gives an enjoyable gaming experience.

Solution

Jimper

Reputable
Mar 9, 2020

Thanks, it's really to know if I should upgrade my Mobo/CPU. Older games like GTAV seem to be a lot more CPU dependent. Just a lot of money to get like 5/10 more FPS

Reactions: artk2219

artk2219

Distinguished
So I am getting a 3070ti however my CPU isn't the greatest it's a i5 9600K, would this cause any bottlenecking?

The sort of games I run are things like GTA RP (with NVE mods), Arma 3 & Hell Let Loose at 1440p.

Just asking as I know older games like GTAV are heavy on CPU usage.

Eh you're fine, sure you dont have the fastest CPU possible, but you are far from suffering, and honestly the jump to an i7 9700 or 9900 or a platform change isn't really needed at this point. Your CPU may bottleneck the 3070 TI slightly very occasionally, but its not likely something you'll ever notice, honstly you probably wouldnt notice even if you used that 3070 ti with the fastest CPU and compared them side by side, that bottleneck wont make a game that is unplayable on your pc, playable at this point, though you may be at that point in like five years hah, I would just roll with what you have and enjoy for now.

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/6gCtaMLLY2evVRZfRprisE-970-80.png.webp

Last edited: