[SOLVED] I5 9600kf

logikabg2004

Commendable
Aug 12, 2018
I am thinking of buying rtx 3080 to replace my gtx 1070, I have 750w gold rated psu (superflower), 16gb 3000mhz ram ,2tb nvme ssd and my processor(i5 9600kf) is overclocked to 5ghz.
Can my system handle the rtx 3080 without bottlenecks, because if we dont count my gpu its pretty damn good.

Solution
Well overall - bottlenecks is an incredibly misused term.

EVERY system has a a limitation, and that limitation moves constantly based on what you are doing and ultimately, there is rarely anything wrong with a bottleneck.

In CPU intensive applications, your CPU will be a limit. In GPU intensive applications, your GPU will be a limit.

For example, if you only plan on gaming at 1080p resolution, then it's usually pretty pointless buying anything above 2060/2070. I always just say be specific in your research and don't trust any "bottleneck" calculators. Every system has one, and it's never the same in all applications.

It's about what performance are you currently not achieving, and for what reason, then you can see what component...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

EVERY system has a a limitation, and that limitation moves constantly based on what you are doing and ultimately, there is rarely anything wrong with a bottleneck.

In CPU intensive applications, your CPU will be a limit. In GPU intensive applications, your GPU will be a limit.

For example, if you only plan on gaming at 1080p resolution, then it's usually pretty pointless buying anything above 2060/2070. I always just say be specific in your research and don't trust any "bottleneck" calculators. Every system has one, and it's never the same in all applications.

It's about what performance are you currently not achieving, and for what reason, then you can see what component you are best upgrading to.

What is your monitor refresh rate and resolution also?

Solution

logikabg2004

Commendable
Aug 12, 2018

It's about what performance are you currently not achieving, and for what reason, then you can see what component you are best upgrading to.

What is your monitor refresh rate and resolution also?
1440p 165hz