[SOLVED] i5 CPU is slower than core 2 duo

Dec 11, 2018
i have a 2nd gen intel computer(core i5-2400s),and it was working find. yesterday my computer suddenly turned off and I'm not able to turn it on, it was my smps problem so, i quickly changed the smps, and from then i noticed a very weird problem in my computer. cpu 100% usage even if i open chrome or discord app. so i downloaded cpuz to find out the benchmark. result was horrible, my PC performance is far lower than a intel core 2 duo processor. it is 70% slower than a core 2 duo processor!! could it be a cpu problem or something else.

Solution
Here is a comparison between a i5-2400 vs core 2 duo e8400
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Duo-E8400-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2400/2720vs803

1. Download AVG Anti Virus Free version
2. Restart your computer and press "F8" during bootup.
3. Choose "Safe Mode".
4. When you get to your desktop -> install AVG
5. Restart system after installation
6. Scan computer (not in safe mode)

If this doesn't work a system restore could do the trick make sure all drivers/operating system are up to date. After this your cpu could need some new thermal compound high system temps would shut the pc down to protect itself however this is not often the case .But try a system restore before that after this we can go from there if none of this works.

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
Here is a comparison between a i5-2400 vs core 2 duo e8400
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Duo-E8400-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2400/2720vs803

1. Download AVG Anti Virus Free version
2. Restart your computer and press "F8" during bootup.
3. Choose "Safe Mode".
4. When you get to your desktop -> install AVG
5. Restart system after installation
6. Scan computer (not in safe mode)

If this doesn't work a system restore could do the trick make sure all drivers/operating system are up to date. After this your cpu could need some new thermal compound high system temps would shut the pc down to protect itself however this is not often the case .But try a system restore before that after this we can go from there if none of this works.

Solution