I5 newegg combo

ben2mx

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Hello everyone.

I saw this combo at newegg. I am very tempted to go for it. The only preference I have is the i5. I will only use one video card. Planning to buy win 7 32 or 64 bit. I have nothing at all, so I need to purchase OS, monitor, DVD, video card, keyboard and speakers. I am not a hard core gamer, rather, ocassional gamer and more in to multitask, home video editing.

Also, I want to see if its worth to buy a video card with HDMI and monitor with HDMI, or if I dont really rent bluray movies, it shouldnt matter, or am I missing out on a cool experience?

regarding the DVD burner, I guess since I do plan to edit movies, I should get a decent one retail so I can get the software for dvd playback.

as far as the monitor I am thinking of a 22-24 inch LCD. I incline more into the text quality, movie quality more than to just video game speed. ive seen some from 150-200 but I do prefer to spend 100 dlls more on an excellent monitor.

What do you guys suggest, should I go for this combo, or maybe buy similar but better parts separate?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.293841

Solution
See the build advice form in my sig, but no I don't like the looks of that combo. Generally, stay away from super-combos, they tend to throw in bad parts with the good ones.

ben2mx

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009

newbie, here, where is your sig?