ram : 2x16gb 3200mhz ddr4

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
Negligible diff between the two CPUs. But if you're after minute details, then Ryzen is better,
comparison: https://nanoreview.net/en/cpu-compare/intel-core-i5-11400f-vs-amd-ryzen-5-5600g

Also, Ryzen chip has Vega graphics in it, meaning that when your GTX 1070 Ti gives up the ghost, you can plug the monitor to MoBo and continue using the PC. Even do some light gaming.
r5 5600g vs i5 12400f
which is better for gaming.
will I have a bottleneck with those two cpu with my gpu 1070ti.
and I know that the r 5600g has a gpu in it, but that's not a plus for me

according to this page, 12400f is better, so I'm wondering if that's true

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
r5 5600g vs i5 12400f
which is better for gaming.

Again, negligible diff.
Comparison: https://nanoreview.net/en/cpu-compare/intel-core-i5-12400f-vs-amd-ryzen-5-5600g

will I have a bottleneck with those two cpu with my gpu 1070ti.

Depends on your monitor resolution and refresh rate, but for the most part, your GPU would hold the FPS back. Unless you play CPU heavy titles.

Personally, i'd go with Intel, since overall, Intel chips have better single- and quad-core performance over AMD, while most games also utilize single- or quad-core. Only some latest AAA titles can utilize multi-core.

Reactions: GoldGlitch

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
Again, negligible diff.
Comparison: https://nanoreview.net/en/cpu-compare/intel-core-i5-12400f-vs-amd-ryzen-5-5600g

Depends on your monitor resolution and refresh rate, but for the most part, your GPU would hold the FPS back. Unless you play CPU heavy titles.

Personally, i'd go with Intel, since overall, Intel chips have better single- and quad-core performance over AMD, while most games also utilize single- or quad-core. Only some latest AAA titles can utilize multi-core.
I currently have a 1080p 60 refresh rate monitor
thanks for your help.
I think it's better to go with 12400f because it supports ddr5 and PCIe Gen4,
while the r5 5600g does not support PCIe Gen4, and does not support ddr5 ram (it is not so important now, but it will be in the future)

I currently have a 1080p 60 refresh rate monitor
thanks for your help.
I think it's better to go with 12400f because it supports ddr5 and PCIe Gen4,
while the r5 5600g does not support PCIe Gen4, and does not support ddr5 ram (it is not so important now, but it will be in the future)
Be careful about thinking about the future. For example the cpu chip might support ddr5 but you will have to replace the motherboard to go from your current ddr4 to ddr5. I guess it depends on if you mean 6 month in the future or 2 years or more.

Most likely they will again change the socket type so the cpu will not fit in newer motherboards. If you are the type of person who replaces major parts of his machine every year then maybe you could consider using parts in the "future" but if you are like most people who only upgrade every couple years everything tends to be not worth moving to a new machine.

GoldGlitch

Upstanding
BANNED
Nov 24, 2022
Be careful about thinking about the future. For example the cpu chip might support ddr5 but you will have to replace the motherboard to go from your current ddr4 to ddr5. I guess it depends on if you mean 6 month in the future or 2 years or more.

Most likely they will again change the socket type so the cpu will not fit in newer motherboards. If you are the type of person who replaces major parts of his machine every year then maybe you could consider using parts in the "future" but if you are like most people who only upgrade every couple years everything tends to be not worth moving to a new machine.
I'm currently using i5 4690k 1070ti i think it's time to upgrade the cpu
I looked at yt and everyone says that the i5 is better in games, and the difference between the 5600g and the i5 is 21e, not too big a price difference

for i5 12400f i chose mbo b660m idk if it good or not but its ok for money

Last edited: