[SOLVED] I7 10700f + Asus TUF b460m + AIGO DARKFLASH TRACER DT 240 and 100° C when playing games

Mar 19, 2021
I just built a computer with these specs:

I7 10700f
Asus TUF b460m PLus
Aigo Darkflash tracer DT 240
16GB RAM 2666mhz

I Pluged the PUMP into CPU_FAN and the fans into CPU_OPT and my temperature while using only Opera Gaming gx (browser) is 45° C... And when I open games it goes up to 100° C

help me please

Solution
I'm out of ideas at that point - RMA is all I could say after that. For it to ramp up to 100C like that after starting up a game means:
-the pump head isn't mounted correctly.
-there's no thermal paste applied between the cpu and pump head. You would've noticed something was wrong before even starting up a game if you were monitoring the cpu.
-air is trapped in the pump head, which should've been avoided since you mounted the radiator at the top.
-pump is dead, or not receiving power. Again, you would've gotten a warning or noticed it before hand. You also reported that the tubes feel thermally similar.
-radiator is sandwiched between 2 sets of fans and they're blowing against each other instead of blowing in the same direction.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A)I trust you didn't forget to remove the plastic film over the cold plate and apply some thermal paste over the cpu.

B)The CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT share controls, with the CPU_FAN signal being dominant.
Plug the fans into the CPU headers and the pump into one of the CHA_FAN headers, or vice versa.

C)Didn't set up the radiator fans backwards, did you?
For reference:
iu

D)Chassis make and model?
Where is the radiator mounted in the chassis?
I trust you avoided placing the pump above the radiator?

E)Lastly, after trying the above, did you check that the pump is working?
When you start up a game, simply feel both in and out tubes. If all is well, they should feel fairly similar to the touch.
If there's a drastic difference... I'd be out of ideas at that point - RMA the thing.

Reactions: Dvnty
Mar 19, 2021
A)I trust you didn't forget to remove the plastic film over the cold plate and apply some thermal paste over the cpu.

B)The CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT share controls, with the CPU_FAN signal being dominant.
Plug the fans into the CPU headers and the pump into one of the CHA_FAN headers, or vice versa.

For reference:
iu

When you start up a game, simply feel both in and out tubes. If all is well, they should feel fairly similar to the touch.
If there's a drastic difference... I'd be out of ideas at that point - RMA the thing.

For reference:
iu

A = I did remove all the plastic
B = I already plug the fans into CHA_FAN
C = The air flow is The right way
D = Aigo DarkFlash DLM 22, Its mounted at the top The pump is under the radiator
E = Its working

PS : After looking in many forums, I discover that the pump needs to be conected into a AIO_PUMP but at the manual that came with the Cooler, it says that i'm supposed to plug into CPU_FAN

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Its working
Please be a little more specific here:
Did both tubes feel similar in temperature while running a game, or were they drastically different?

PS : I discover that the pump needs to be conected into a AIO_PUMP but at the manual that came with the Cooler, it says that i'm supposed to plug into CPU_FAN.
Not specifically, no, but you should still set the pump and fans up to be controlled separately. Don't leave them both in the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers like that.
I left this out by mistake - perhaps you already did it though:
-Went into bios, and set the header the pump is plugged in to DC Mode.
-Pump speed is 90% or higher(minimum).

Aigo DarkFlash DLM 22
This looks to be a negative pressure oriented chassis. There's going to be a limit to the kind of hardware you can pack in a chassis like this and still get good thermals.
Did you install any fans in the front? Please remove them.
Also, what is the gpu? The 10700F doesn't have an iGPU, so you need a dedicated card.
How warm does it get during use?

Mar 19, 2021
Please be a little more specific here:
Did both tubes feel similar in temperature while running a game, or were they drastically different?

Not specifically, no, but you should still set the pump and fans up to be controlled separately. Don't leave them both in the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers like that.
I left this out by mistake - perhaps you already did it though:
-Went into bios, and set the header the pump is plugged in to DC Mode.
-Pump speed is 90% or higher(minimum).

This looks to be a negative pressure oriented chassis. There's going to be a limit to the kind of hardware you can pack in a chassis like this and still get good thermals.
Did you install any fans in the front? Please remove them.
Also, what is the gpu? The 10700F doesn't have an iGPU, so you need a dedicated card.
How warm does it get during use?
Both tubes feels the same...I did install 2 fans in the front and one in the back.. My GPU is a GTX 1070 SC...I changed the inputs, PUMP is now pluged into CPU_FAN and the Fans is pluged into CHA_FAN
CPU_FAN alredy in DC and 100%. The GPU stays at normal temperature.. Do I need to screw the WC all the way?

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm out of ideas at that point - RMA is all I could say after that. For it to ramp up to 100C like that after starting up a game means:
-there's no thermal paste applied between the cpu and pump head. You would've noticed something was wrong before even starting up a game if you were monitoring the cpu.
-air is trapped in the pump head, which should've been avoided since you mounted the radiator at the top.
-pump is dead, or not receiving power. Again, you would've gotten a warning or noticed it before hand. You also reported that the tubes feel thermally similar.
-radiator is sandwiched between 2 sets of fans and they're blowing against each other instead of blowing in the same direction.

Mar 19, 2021
I found the problem, the platisc ripped of when i remove it and there was a little piece of plastic on the cooper, I removed it and its working fine now 30°C idle and 50-60°C on games

Solution