Question i7-10700k 82c

Jul 19, 2022
rtx 3070 tuf oc from stock
i7 10700k
nzxt kraken 360 so x3 funs or fans xd.
70c dota 2560display full settings 140fps~ cause 144hz display
82c pes 2021season update full settings 2560

its summer now but isnt that high enoygh? probably change thermal pate from stock first right/?

Jul 19, 2022
I don't see a problem? If it's just a temperature spike, it's not a big deal.
If AVX instructions are being utilized in the game engine, higher spikes can be observed, because AVX has higher power and voltage demands.
nooo i mean when i play pro evolution temp stays at around 82c its high too high for my pc with such a weak game. i dont know waht avx is

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
nooo i mean when i play pro evolution temp stays at around 82c its high too high for my pc with such a weak game. i dont know waht avx is
You must be more specific on the temperatures of all the cores. If you just tell us 82C, we can infer that you're only seeing the package temperature, which is the reading from the hottest core at any point in time.
If there's a few cores bouncing up to that at any one time, that's still not a problem.

AVX can be looked at as a set of high tension floating-point calculations done during certain animations, like explosions, certain spell effects, smoke/fog/clouds. They hit the cpu harder than the standard SSE instruction set cpus normally run.
No, there's no way you can change it.

Jul 19, 2022
You must be more specific on the temperatures of all the cores. If you just tell us 82C, we can infer that you're only seeing the package temperature, which is the reading from the hottest core at any point in time.
If there's a few cores bouncing up to that at any one time, that's still not a problem.

AVX can be looked at as a set of high tension floating-point calculations done during certain animations, like explosions, certain spell effects, smoke/fog/clouds. They hit the cpu harder than the standard SSE instruction set cpus normally run.
No, there's no way you can change it.
i got nzxt cooler water 360 x3funs kraken and it has a software nzxt cam and thats what i look for temps. Whats the software i should use to check more specific things? like each core. Thing is nzxt cooler runs loud when pes is run so something is wront it runs too much

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't know much of anything about CAM. It doesn't let you monitor per core temperature? Then use HWINFO.

EDIT: Forgot to add, that when you pull up HWINFO(sensors only), you can double click on core 0-7 temperature to make a real time graph appear. That can be used to see if any core really is sitting at 82C.

Last edited:
Are you worried about 80c. on the graphics card or the cpu?

Likely you have no problem with either.
Graphics cards do run hot, but they are designed to do so.
Particularly the factory overclocked cards.
They try to target about 80c and run the card as strong as they can while the cooling fans maintain 80c.

On the cpu side, the processor monitors it's own temperature and will slow down or even shut off if it should detect a dangerous temperature.
That point is around 100c.

If your cpu idle temperature is on the order of 10-15c. over ambient then it is likely that your cooler was installed correctly and that changing paste is likely to do no good.

What is the make/model of your case?
What is your fan arrangement?
You want good airflow over the graphics card and motherboard.
A dust free clean interior helps.

Again, I think you really need do nothing.

Jul 19, 2022
I fear cpu only.
CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P Gaming Full Tower
GPU RTX 3070 TUF OC from stock i didnt overclock it said it was oc from stock and GPU is fine always.
NZXT Kraken X73 x3 120mm is on top of the case
CPU is 45c if not even chrome is running. (Nzxt cam)

Last edited:
Not to worry.
The processor will monitor it's own temperature and will slow down or even shut off if it detects a dangerous temperature.
That is around 100c.
More usually, it will momentarily slow down a few cores until the situation reverses.
45c. at idle is not out of line.
AIO coolers do not last forever.
The pump is a mechanical part which will eventually fail.
In time, expect to see your aio become less effective. Air will enter the system and will eventually require a replacement.

Jul 19, 2022
the problem is if cooler works more it is louder and it very loud at 80c. if it cooler fails i ll buy a good air fun that is silent and does good job, dont care about looks anymore.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Every little thing adds up... from the case design, to your fan and cooler setup, to cpu+gpu power plan and bios settings.

It is time you experimented with different fan and cooler setups, custom fan curves, and tweak voltage and power across both cpu and gpu to get things in your comfort zone.

NZXT Kraken X73 is on top of the case
That is typically better for gpu thermals, but worse for cpu thermals, because the cooler deals with the heat off of everything below it, so it's being cooled by the warmer case ambient.
Plus - IMO - users make the common mistake of installing a rear exhaust fan, when it could've been an additional intake. No need to install a fan back there, as it's slightly worse, but a filter would be a good idea. Rear exhaust fine is fine for tower air cooled cpu, but less so for top AIO.