[SOLVED] i7-10700K Amazon double ASIN

Solution
If they're i7-10700k CPUs, they're the same chip (or functionally so since CPUs are basically snowflakes because of the technical process of semiconductor fabrication). Amazon employees likely have little to no specialized knowledge of locked vs. unlocked processors unless you come into someone who has that knowledge on their own. Amazon sloppily having multiple Amazon IDs for the same item is quite common.

DSzymborski

Titan
If they're i7-10700k CPUs, they're the same chip (or functionally so since CPUs are basically snowflakes because of the technical process of semiconductor fabrication). Amazon employees likely have little to no specialized knowledge of locked vs. unlocked processors unless you come into someone who has that knowledge on their own. Amazon sloppily having multiple Amazon IDs for the same item is quite common.

Reactions: KingMing
Solution
Feb 27, 2021
Thanks for your reply. So you suspect it’s the same item? The double ASIN is replicated on the Euro Amazon sites, too. Cheapest is Spain.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Thanks for your reply. So you suspect it’s the same item? The double ASIN is replicated on the Euro Amazon sites, too. Cheapest is Spain.

I agree with DSymborski.

I used to work with a big Amazon seller. Amazon is very cluttered with their item profiling; double asin issues. Amazon tries to have a singular item profile to be used by different sellers. Sometimes sellers choose the wrong item/picture in their posting. Sometimes they even use the same picture, but the items are a totally different model and description (vice-versa). Ask for clarification to the seller. Make sure you are getting the correct model.

Reactions: KingMing
Feb 27, 2021
I agree with DSymborski.

I used to work with a big Amazon seller. Amazon is very cluttered with their item profiling; double asin issues. Amazon tries to have a singular item profile to be used by different sellers. Sometimes sellers choose the wrong item/picture in their posting. Sometimes they even use the same picture, but the items are a totally different model and description (vice-versa). Ask for clarification to the seller. Make sure you are getting the correct model.
Thank you for your reply.

Well, I would only buy “sold by Amazon“ in any case.

The thing is, in the case of both of these ASINs, Amazon sells both. This is what make it so confusing.

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Thank you for your reply.

Well, I would only buy “sold by Amazon“ in any case.

The thing is, in the case of both of these ASINs, Amazon sells both. This is what make it so confusing.

I agree. Buying only from "sold by Amazon" is the smart move. Send a message their way. Probably they can give a little more info on your planned purchase. That's what I always do. Most of my purchases are in Amazon due to their customer centric policies. Take advantage of that privelege.