[SOLVED] i7 10700k core load balancing question

Digivolution

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2012
I've built a new PC within the last month. all is running well. Build details below. However, I noticed Cores #6 and #7 on the i7 10700k tend to be the most active. Sometimes hitting 50-65% load while the others are almost idle. With a corresponding increase in temp on those 2 cores.

I'm not sure it should be load balancing more. Or if it depends on the age of the software I'm working in. Under average use (email, web browsing, youtube, photoshop) all the cores generally average around 28c. Under load, they have all hit up to a max of 61c, if only for a few seconds while 3D rendering or converting large files to g-code for 3D printing.

However, I have noticed some older programs only hammer Cores 6 & 7 and leave the rest alone. Is this an effect of the older program or a setting somewhere?

Build
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D, motherboard on latest firmware
i7 10700k, Overclocked to 4.7
Corsair H80i liquid cooler
Corsair 32gb ram
Samsung M.2 500gb ssd

Thanks in advance,
Duncan

Last edited:
Solution
I have pretty much the same setup in a 10700K and also on a Gigabyte motherboard and that is normal for the 10700K...You do have favoured cores and on mine it is core 4 and 7...but your temps are great so not issues at all...

Digivolution

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2012
Thank you both for your prompt reply. I gave it a few weeks. And it seems to be staying cool. :)

Temps.jpg

Reactions: vMax

TRENDING THREADS