[SOLVED] i7 10700k & Corsair H60

Volkaro

Reputable
May 31, 2020
Hi

I’ve recently ordered parts for full new pc build but it’s been a few years since I’ve done one, I’ve ordered an i7 10700k and paired it with a Corsair H60 2018 cpu cooler. Will this be enough to cool the cpu at stock settings as I have no intention of Overclocking or have I made a mistake? The gpu is too big for me to fit a twin 120 radiator in the case so if the H60 isn’t enough are there any air coolers that will do the job?

Thanks

Solution
ahh right, do you think an air cooler is going to be good enough to keep that cpu cool or would I be best changing the case/gpu to allow for a good AIO?
Up to 240mm an AIO is no better than a high end air cooler. It’s only when you go up to 280-360mm do AIO’s start to be better.

Volkaro

Reputable
May 31, 2020
The H60 is no better than an entry level air cooler, really only worth using if working in a very small/awkward case. The 10700k is a hot cpu, Id want something better. As for air coolers will a Noctua nh-d15 fit?

thanks for the reply, the case is NZXT H510i, website says CPU Cooler: Up to 165mm, so the Noctua should fit, the gpu is 328MM long and the case specs say GPU Clearance: Up to 381mm w/o front watercooler installed, up to 325mm with. Are these specs normally super accurate or would I be able to squeeze a water cooler in with the 3mm size difference? Or is that air cooler going to be good enough? Thanks

thanks for the reply, the case is NZXT H510i, website says CPU Cooler: Up to 165mm, so the Noctua should fit, the gpu is 328MM long and the case specs say GPU Clearance: Up to 381mm w/o front watercooler installed, up to 325mm with. Are these specs normally super accurate or would I be able to squeeze a water cooler in with the 3mm size difference? Or is that air cooler going to be good enough? Thanks
Normally these specs are reasonably accurate and you would want to leave at least 2-3mm clearance. Unless you can get low profile fans I would expect you won’t be able to fit a 240mm AIO at the front.

Volkaro

Reputable
May 31, 2020
Normally these specs are reasonably accurate and you would want to leave at least 2-3mm clearance. Unless you can get low profile fans I would expect you won’t be able to fit a 240mm AIO at the front.

ahh right, do you think an air cooler is going to be good enough to keep that cpu cool or would I be best changing the case/gpu to allow for a good AIO?