Question I7-10700k Running 100 celsius on left 4 dead 2!!!

JacobiOneKanobi

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
LEFT 4 DEAD 2, like from 2009, why is my CPU hitting 100 degrees. I got an MSI 240mm AIO I'm not sure if it's faulty or I need a new cooler. Maybe my CPU is toast and a dud. I've reset BIOS and CMOS and for a while it worked, but recently it has been jumping well over 80 in games and as I said has hit 100 often. Not sure what to do.

Jan 23, 2022
99% sure this is pump failure. While playing the game, open the side panel and touch both pipes leading to the pump. If both of the pipes are warm, the pump hasn't failed. If one pipe is hot to the touch and the other is cold, then the pump has failed and you're due a new AIO (or air coolers because honestly screw AIOs).

LEFT 4 DEAD 2, like from 2009, why is my CPU hitting 100 degrees. I got an MSI 240mm AIO I'm not sure if it's faulty or I need a new cooler. Maybe my CPU is toast and a dud. I've reset BIOS and CMOS and for a while it worked, but recently it has been jumping well over 80 in games and as I said has hit 100 often. Not sure what to do.
Lol I keep seeing this cooler on here. Can you describe how you've positioned the cooler and which way the pipes are facing ect.. Check the vcore, you can use HWMonitor or HWInfo to do that.

Also don't play games right now, 100C is way too high, I'm amazed it didn't trip the thermal cut off.

JacobiOneKanobi

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
99% sure this is pump failure. While playing the game, open the side panel and touch both pipes leading to the pump. If both of the pipes are warm, the pump hasn't failed. If one pipe is hot to the touch and the other is cold, then the pump has failed and you're due a new AIO (or air coolers because honestly screw AIOs).
I think you are right, one pipe is obviously warm to the touch and the other doesn't feel the same.