Question I7-10700k vs i9-11900K

Aug 16, 2024
I have an i5-11400f and I've been wanting to upgrade my cpu, I took a look at the list of compatible cpus with my motherboard in the gigabyte site (I have a B560M DSH3 V2) and these two seem the most promising from what I've seen online, wich one should I get?.

The list didn't include any amd cpus so I'm assuming they're not compatible with my motherboard, unless gigabyte has some sort of bias towards intel that is.

I also have a 6750xt
Main use is for gaming

Lutfij

Titan
I wouldn't drop anything beyond an i7 on that motherboard due to the VRM area, is my stance on the matter with CPU upgrades, apart from having to source a higher pedigree cooler.

AMD processors will no drop into that motherboard, regardless of your chipset.

Might want to pass on the specs to your current build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

these two seem the most promising from what I've seen online, wich one should I get?Main use is for gaming
what sort of pricing are you seeing related to these two?
and why would you have ruled out the i7-11700K?

these are over 3 years old now and many of the newest higher quality games, and those to come in the future, will get better performance with some of the newer generation CPUs and faster DDR5 memory.
maybe check out what prices others are getting in your area for similar systems and look into selling the entire setup for funds toward a new build.

unless you are seeing a very good deal for any of them in new condition
or super cheap option for any used/preowned,
i would really be looking into going for a whole new build with a later generation CPU.