Question I7-10700K vs Ryzen3800x

KylerZ

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Hi
I am building a new pc and actually I don't know alot about pc building. i7 10700k and ryzen 7 3800x are in the same price in my country so Q1 what is ur recommendation . I am also confused between those 2 builds
Q2 Which one do u recommend
1 -
2tb hdd
Psu 650w
Ssd 120 gb
Ram 2x8 3600 mhz
MSI B450 tomahawk max
Ryzen 7 3800x
Rtx2060super (Q3 should I go for rx5700XT)
2-
Ram 2x8 3200 mhz
msi b460-A pro
Intel i7-10700k
Rtx 2060 super.

I am a beginner who has just started learning programming but I am looking for pc which is fit with gaming and programming stuff aswell

Last edited:

KylerZ

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Both good CPUS, but Ryzen Zen 2 has more latency so won't be as good gaming.
Have you priced the 5600x, or is it even possible to buy there? Its a hard one to get here still but possible.
5800x is much more expensive than 3800x I have to choose between ryzen7 3800x and i7 10700k

KylerZ

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
how much more is the 10850K? sometimes here its pretty close to the same price its also a good cpu.

You can't go wrong with either one y ou picked both will be good.
I checked it . It is not a small difference between its price and 10700k price . to be honest it is much better to go for ryzen 7 5800x instead . I am just confused between ryzen 7 3800x and i7 10700k i am a little bit impressed by ryzen as it has 7 nm semiconductor and larger cache but due to youtube review i7 10700k is better in gaming and the difference in multi Core rate is not that big however I am not into gaming that much and ryzen got higher rate on benchmark

Reactions: Bassman999

sonofjesse

Distinguished
I think your splitting hairs. If that is your two choices, either one I think you will be happy with.

Also look and to see which Motherboards you can get in your region and pricing/features you want.

Here the B560MB and Z590 are about the same price as the Z490's. But in your country maybe the older ones are a lot cheaper, so look at Z490s. etc.

If the benchmarks are close, then the choice will be good either way. People will split hairs over 3FPS here and their your never going to know the different in the real world. This is like picking a marriage partner, its a system you will run 3-5 years and you will have something else..........

We spend hours and hours watching videos and sometimes its easier to pick one and be happy, enjoy your new system :)

Reactions: Bassman999

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I checked it . It is not a small difference between its price and 10700k price . to be honest it is much better to go for ryzen 7 5800x instead . I am just confused between ryzen 7 3800x and i7 10700k i am a little bit impressed by ryzen as it has 7 nm semiconductor and larger cache but due to youtube review i7 10700k is better in gaming and the difference in multi Core rate is not that big however I am not into gaming that much and ryzen got higher rate on benchmark
I like Ryzen CPUs in general, but in this case the I7 is a better choice IMO

KylerZ

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
I think your splitting hairs. If that is your two choices, either one I think you will be happy with.

Also look and to see which Motherboards you can get in your region and pricing/features you want.

Here the B560MB and Z590 are about the same price as the Z490's. But in your country maybe the older ones are a lot cheaper, so look at Z490s. etc.

If the benchmarks are close, then the choice will be good either way. People will split hairs over 3FPS here and their your never going to know the different in the real world. This is like picking a marriage partner, its a system you will run 3-5 years and you will have something else..........

We spend hours and hours watching videos and sometimes its easier to pick one and be happy, enjoy your new system :)
Very logical answer so to end this I will go for ryzen 7 3800x do u recommend that choice

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021

Deciding based on the MB is a good point. If the MB you choose can take a next generation cpu or needs to be replaced with the next CPU upgrade.

KylerZ

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
I would look at this....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxx--rcElOM

its pretty close.................

Looks like several games favored the intel on this one.........

but yet again splitting hairs.

take cpu + MB on both and see what the cost will be. IF one is 50 bucks cheaper than the other I would pick that one :)

Either choice will program and game all day long.......
No splitting hair but what if the difference between intel cpu and mb to amd is less than 50 bucks . The lga MB is cheaper 25 bucks and rx5700XT cheaper 25 bucks

Last edited:

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Then I would save the money and pick t he cheapest combo IMHO. if I can save 50 bucks and have virtually the same benchmarks why not?

On either one I would use the extra 50 bucks on Fuma 2 air cooler if you already don't have a good air cooler.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
The Intel is somewhat better in games, bug Userbenchmark will always favor Intel for some reason. They have actually been called out on it because some comparisons are so ridiculous.
Can we put the faster memory with ryzen 7 into consideration in addition i7 10700k doesn't support PCle 4.0
I dont think that will aid CPU speed, but it will help peripherals like GPU in the future, and memory and SSDs now.
CPU latency is internal

Reactions: KylerZ
Hi
I am building a new pc and actually I don't know alot about pc building. i7 10700k and ryzen 7 3800x are in the same price in my country so Q1 what is ur recommendation . I am also confused between those 2 builds
Q2 Which one do u recommend
1 -
2tb hdd
Psu 650w
Ssd 120 gb
Ram 2x8 3600 mhz
MSI B450 tomahawk max
Ryzen 7 3800x
Rtx2060super (Q3 should I go for rx5700XT)
2-
Ram 2x8 3200 mhz
msi b460-A pro
Intel i7-10700k
Rtx 2060 super.

I am a beginner who has just started learning programming but I am looking for pc which is fit with gaming and programming stuff aswell
I checked your PM late.

I guess there is nothing new that I can add to what has been already discussed. Its AMD 3rd gen. and still behind in gaming benches, not by far though. Intel looks pretty good on games as usual, not by far though. AMD is riding on newer tech. whereas Intel has only clock power. Here's where it gets interesting. Cut to upgrade time and you get a way faster AMD 5xxx whereas Intel is still at the same place with 11th gen. Whats more, AMD has actually gone way past Intel in one leap. If you would have asked me before 11th gen. Intel, the choice would have been more difficult.