[SOLVED] i7 10700kf at high temperatures and low clockspeed

Feb 21, 2022
i7 10700kf, rtx 3070, 32 gb ram, meg z490

So my problem is that my cpu is running really hot (98-100c) and at low speeds (>1.5ghz) while gaming and the same goes while idle untill i run these commands:
PowerCfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_PROCESSOR IDLEDISABLE 000
PowerCfg /SETACTIVE SCHEME_CURRENT

My cooler should be working just fine since it can pretty quickly cool down the cpu after stop gaming. Here are some screenshots from task manager, cpu-z and hwmonitor: View: https://imgur.com/a/cj9XO4O

Solution
Reseat the cooler. Are you hearing noises from the pump ? Is the pump at maximum rpm ? And what is core voltage while you are gaming ?
You can try to put you BIOS to its default settings and then check the temps.
Feb 21, 2022
What power plan are you using ? Set it to Balanced check the temps.
Try to reseat and reapply thermal paste.
What cooler are you using ?
It is set to balanced and my cooler is mag coreliquid 120r. I'm also planning to reapply thermal paste once im getting my hands on to that stuff

Feb 21, 2022
In Balance mode, what is the minimum processor state ?
And is the Win11 a fresh install or is it an upgrade from win10 ?
My windows 11 is a fresh install.
I changed my bios settings to optimized, which seems to have fixed the clockspeed issue. Now i just need to know what is causing my processor to jump to 100 celcius while gaming, it cools off in around 10-20 seconds to 50-60 celcius after longer session of playing.

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
Reseat the cooler. Are you hearing noises from the pump ? Is the pump at maximum rpm ? And what is core voltage while you are gaming ?

Solution
Feb 21, 2022

There is some noises from the pump sometimes, my best guess is that there is some small air bubbles. The pump fan is at maxium rpm and the core voltage is between 1.025 and 1.275 volts.
BIOS is now at factory settings.