[SOLVED] i7 -10700KF overheating on idle ?

Aug 22, 2021
Evidence of overheating

My PC is 8 months old, do you think the thermal paste has run out? My i7 10700KF is running water cooling that came with my MSI infinite X Mid-Tower. Ive been streaming with this rig for a 6 months and recently started video editing and rendering and Its only started getting max temps recently. I stream and render videos both using the GPU RTX 2070 super settings and acceleration . After a 10min video render it will cool down, but sometimes after playing a AA or AAA game it will sit idle at 1% and 99-100 C with 0 apps open. Only thing that works is a shut down and turn on 2 min later. I am not overclocking this rig. I checked all cooling connections. I have not checked the thermal paste yet could it be anything else?

Solution
well you could try to spend a little money on cheap heatsink like gammaxx 400s or hyper 212, and buy a good thermal paste like arctic mx4 and mx5 or gelid gc extreme, use them with the heatsinks, and try to do the same activity and see if the temperature is rosing up to 100c. if it doesn't. then there is something up with your water cooling.
well you could try to spend a little money on cheap heatsink like gammaxx 400s or hyper 212, and buy a good thermal paste like arctic mx4 and mx5 or gelid gc extreme, use them with the heatsinks, and try to do the same activity and see if the temperature is rosing up to 100c. if it doesn't. then there is something up with your water cooling.

Solution
Aug 22, 2021
Ok I checked the thermal paste and it's all good. I put it back together and now it runs at 98-100C from the boot even checked bios nothing strange there, so it can't be windows either cause it's idle at 2% with nothing open. I think my water cooling is busted or dried up, submitted a ticket to MSI to claim warranty