Question i7 10875h undervolt

Sep 21, 2020
I heard that 10th gen intel laptop CPU can only undervolt 0.08V, but when I check in XTU it shows option to further undervolt it which is abnormal. Anyone knows why is this happening? If I undervolt more than 0.08V, would it cause damage to the CPU?
xnKEgQ.png

I believe with 10th gen you won’t be able to undervolt. You can enter the value in programs like ThrottleStop but it won’t actually apply, if you monitor the voltage offset in HWMonitor it won’t change. Even 9th gen CPU’s cannot be undervolted when running newer BIOS versions. I know with my Dell G5 with 9750h undervolting no longer works on newer BIOS’s. From what I read it is due to a security fix Intel have implemented. As the fix predates 10th gen from what I read 10th gen never had the ability to undervolt even if the software says it is applied.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
I believe with 10th gen you won’t be able to undervolt. You can enter the value in programs like ThrottleStop but it won’t actually apply, if you monitor the voltage offset in HWMonitor it won’t change. Even 9th gen CPU’s cannot be undervolted when running newer BIOS versions. I know with my Dell G5 with 9750h undervolting no longer works on newer BIOS’s. From what I read it is due to a security fix Intel have implemented. As the fix predates 10th gen from what I read 10th gen never had the ability to undervolt even if the software says it is applied.

Wasn't aware of that. Although I have my own O,en updated with latest bios, have seen no issues with TS. But noted for future BIOS updates.