[SOLVED] i7 11700 super high temperatures (90-95 degrees celsius) while cinebench r23 multicore

Aug 3, 2021
Hi guys, I've recently built a new pc a month ago, this is the spec
Mainboard: Asus tuf gaming z590 plus wifi
Cpu: i7 11700
Gpu: RTX 2060 rog strix oc gaming
RAM: HyperX fury 1x8GB 3200mhz (i bought 2)
SSD: Kingston 1TB
PSU: Coolermaster 650W Bronze V2
Cpu cooler: Water cooler asus tuf gaming lc 240 rgb
Case: Case Sama Pharagon Mid-Tower
According to Msi Afterburner, HwMonitor, Bios, my temp while idle is 35C-50C, and play "heavy" gaming like cyberpunk 2077 with rtx:medium setting, i have 70C-75C GPU temp 98%-100% usage, while my Cpu is 75-80C with 40%-50% usage. Idk why my cpu temp is so high although I have AIO cooler, already applied thermal paste 1 month ago. However until i runned Cinebench r23 multicore, my cpu temp rockets at 92-97 degrees with 1,314V-1,325 sometimes peak at 1.4V-1.45V and 13950pts. My bios setting is all default except the XMP 1. I tried turning off the MCE (Multi Core Enhancement) and run cinebench r23 again, but it limited my cpu voltage to only 0.925V , although the cpu is much cooler 50C-60C, the cpu performance is so bad (only 2,9Ghz) so I have to set the MCE auto again. Now what should I do guys? I want to undervolt but ppl say undervolt is only for laptop bc its hot
PS: One of the reason that my gpu,cpu temp is high is I dont use air conditioner, and my country (Vietnam) is quite hot too.
PS PART 2: Actually guys, in the beginning, I hadn't bought that AIO cooler, but an air cooler instead (Coolermaster Hyper 212 RGB). However, the cpu was so hot even when playing "small" games like csgo and valorant (75-85 degrees) so I called the company where I bought and they decided to replace it into an AIO cooler. After this, my cpu temp is 15-20 degrees cooler so I dont think there's an problem with my cpu :(

Solution
I tried turning off the MCE (Multi Core Enhancement) and run cinebench r23 again, but it limited my cpu voltage to only 0.925V ,
although the cpu is much cooler 50C-60C, the cpu performance is so bad (only 2,9Ghz) so I have to set the MCE auto again.
Now what should I do guys?
Turn MCE off and improve cooling of your system.
CPU is reducing voltage and frequency to save itself from overheating.

Can you show a photo of your system? (upload to imgur.com and post link)
How many fans installed?

Your pc case is not good for high power components. It has closed front and obstructed air intake.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure who is saying undervolting is only for laptops. You can do it on any electrical device up to a point.

Running hot because of the voltage yes, but to achieve an all core overclock like that, that is what it takes. 11th gen does run hot.

Used to be AMD pushing the limits of their chips to remain relevant, now it is Intel.

I tried turning off the MCE (Multi Core Enhancement) and run cinebench r23 again, but it limited my cpu voltage to only 0.925V ,
although the cpu is much cooler 50C-60C, the cpu performance is so bad (only 2,9Ghz) so I have to set the MCE auto again.
Now what should I do guys?

How many fans installed?

Your pc case is not good for high power components. It has closed front and obstructed air intake.

Solution
Aug 3, 2021
Not sure who is saying undervolting is only for laptops. You can do it on any electrical device up to a point.

Running hot because of the voltage yes, but to achieve an all core overclock like that, that is what it takes. 11th gen does run hot.

Used to be AMD pushing the limits of their chips to remain relevant, now it is Intel.
Can u give me an undervolt guide in bios please?

Aug 3, 2021

What pc case are you using?
How many fans installed?
A photo of my system? U mean a photo of my in real life pc?
Im using case sama pharagon with 2 intake fans and 3 exhaust fan (1 fan case and 2 from AIO cooler)
Here's the photo: View: https://imgur.com/a/XSRgQgj

Last edited:
I think your system is suffocating because of obstructed air intake.

It may improve temperatures, if you changed rear exhaust fan to intake orientation.
But you'd have to add dust filter then.

71Panni91wL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
No real guide to undervolting exactly. You just start manually controlling the CPU core voltage and reduce it.

You can try a negative offset. Just increment it down in small amounts until the system starts crashing, then put it back to where it wasn't.

As I said, if you still want MCE on, then you are not likely to get it below 1.3 volt.

MCE off and just running the default boost profile should keep the system performing quite well, then it is just a matter of getting the voltage down to keep the CPU from throttling due to temperature. Benchmarks aren't that realistic a load scenario.

Also power limits to contend with.