UserTom

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019
Hi,

I bought a Lian Li GALAHAD AIO 240 RGB, a Lian Li lancool II mesh RGB black tempered glass ATX case that comes with 3 intake fans in the front and I also bought a 120mm exhaust fan for the rear.

How would you setup the AIO fans, intake, exhaust? I do not have the products already but I will tonight. I planned on installing the radiator on top with the 2 fans but idk if they can be switched around and all.
Also the case 3 front fans are moveable. Is it better to have more intakes than exhausts ? Or is it bad to have too much intakes?

Thank you.

Solution
Depends on what the gpu is, but seeing as you picked up an 11700K here, you likely didn't get a lightweight gpu either... so, front intake only.
If you do top exhaust, the hybrid cooler has to be big enough to cope with the heat from both cpu and gpu...
240mm isn't really adequate for what is a denser and hotter 9900K; there's no room to OC(if that were on the menu), or use features like Multi Core Enhancement.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on what the gpu is, but seeing as you picked up an 11700K here, you likely didn't get a lightweight gpu either... so, front intake only.
If you do top exhaust, the hybrid cooler has to be big enough to cope with the heat from both cpu and gpu...
240mm isn't really adequate for what is a denser and hotter 9900K; there's no room to OC(if that were on the menu), or use features like Multi Core Enhancement.

Solution

UserTom

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019
I have a 2080 at the moment it really doesn't get hot (in my situation)
I don't plan on OC because I play lighter games
3 intakes and 3 exhaust (2 being AIO) is that correct or should I switch things up

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If it's just 'lighter games', then I begin to wonder why no 11600K - but that's an unrelated subject, so I'll skip it.

3 intakes and 3 exhaust (2 being AIO) is that correct or should I switch things up
There's no 'correct'. You'll either prioritize cpu cooling, or gpu cooling.
The quoted orientation prioritizes gpu cooling. Moving the 240mm to front intake instead changes the priority to cpu cooling.

UserTom

Commendable
Mar 4, 2019
If it's just 'lighter games', then I begin to wonder why no 11600K - but that's an unrelated subject, so I'll skip it.

There's no 'correct'. You'll either prioritize cpu cooling, or gpu cooling.
The quoted orientation prioritizes gpu cooling. Moving the 240mm to front intake instead changes the priority to cpu cooling.
So far how I placed the orientation, I get CPU temps of around 25-29c idle and 40-50c under load and GPU temps of 25-29c idle and 56c under load
I guess for now I'll keep it that way since im not getting high temps, I do plan to add 2 more intakes since my case has 2 bottom 120mm mounting fans
But I'll keep your tips in mind if I need to prioritize CPU or GPU cooling.

I tested that on warzone at ultra capped at 144 fps

Thanks